1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio Issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by straubd, Jan 5, 2004.

1. straubd

straubd Guest

I hope I'm in the right forum. I couldn't think where else to post this one so here goes. I was trying to burn a dvd-r with nero but I had no luck. It would load the file but the burn would take less than a minute and I would be left with a blank disk. I think it might be a media issue as the kind I ws using is not recomended by the manufacturer (lg 4040b). Anyway, I loaded my friends copy of roxio ez cd 5 and downloaded the xp patch but my burner still doesn't show up in my computer. I figured that I would just dump Roxio and get some new media for nero. Unfortunately after I uninstalled roxio I still can't see my dvd drive in my computer. Anyone seen this issue before? I can't do anything till this is fixed so any help is appreciated. thx

2. straubd

straubd Guest

Also, I removed the device from device manager and checked the cables to verify they are connected. When I rebooted I got a "new hardware " prompt but it faked me out and didn't install anything.

3. coyster

coyster Guest

I installed a new dvd writer and had to go into my bios and set it up in there before my system would see it in exployer. I had to set up bios as auto for it to work.

Try it it may just help friend.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

straubd,

1. Just a thought but, as you mentioned you installed an XP patch and all was right before you installed Roxio -Why not go into "Restore" Function and reset your "Puter" to a date prior to Roxio playing in your system ??

2.Purchase some top grade media.
    Better to spend $$ and have DVD backups than save $$ and have a ton of extra coasters -

3. If you still have problem, come on back and we'll teach ya how to "Blister" the walls with Nero -

Oooooohhh Ya, and

Welcome to the neighborhood -

Your "Uncle" Pete said that -

5. straubd

straubd Guest

hey scuba,
    Not a bad idea but I'm gonna try one more thing before I go back to a restore point. I just ordered some Ritek 04? media for this drive and once I get this issue resolved I'm gonna burn some goodies.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

straubd,

I use Ritek 4X media and Verbatim and I don't have a media issue - in my opinion. you can't go wrong with that stuff.

Good luck,
    "P"

7. grovesej

grovesej Guest