1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROXIO issues

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by intermedx, May 4, 2005.

1. intermedx

intermedx Member

So I decided to 'upgrade' to Easy Media Creator 7 from Easy CD Creator 5. Now ECD5 worked fine, but I got a msg saying the system could become unstable. to get around this I installed EMC7, but now I can't record CDs at all. The software hangs and/or doesn't recognize the drives.

I now installed v 7.5 and the same thing happens. so why is it the software that shouldn't work does, and the software that should work, doesn't?

Heellllp!

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

When you install (some) programs over another it may become unstable and tend to crash. Try uninstalling then reinstalling.

3. intermedx

intermedx Member

I have uninstalled-reinstalled-changed order of installation and finally removed the regstry entries. Nothing but frustration.

Now I have restored my system to an earlier point and will start all over. I am going to remove all reference to ECDC5 from the registry and then install EMD7. Keep your fingers crossed.

4. movies27

movies27 Regular member

use nero i got rid of my roxio they have too many problems

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

also should defrag the hd before reloading roxio 7.

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Another hint of advice....Roxio doesn't like anyother programs and likes to fight.

7. dworz

dworz Member

My PC came loaded with Roxio, and after struggling with it for months i did a reinstall of my hard drive.Now i have yet to reinstall any Cd burnning software as of yet, I've heard alot about Nero, but iam woundering if it will run smooth with my dvd software.I guess i'll just have to try and see, I can't belive Dell would load such a shit program as Roxio, i guess if you were'nt going to install any other dvd softwre or any editing software it might work, Iam waiting to come up with the cash to buy Nero?

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member