1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roxio???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gamename, Mar 1, 2005.

1. gamename

gamename Regular member

i have just down loaded roxio easy media creator.i already have an older version on my pc. havent had any problems with nero,shrink,or decyptor. will this new version cause problems?

2. Pna352

Pna352 Member

All i can tell you is that Roxio is a terrible program. You might not be having and problems now, but soon if you have Roxio and another dvd burner program on your commputer(ex.Nero) then your goin to run into a lot of problems.

3. XeroRspct

XeroRspct Member

Gamename-

I agree with Pna352 that Roxio is a very intrusive program when it comes to other software. If you have had no previous problems using Decrypter/Shrink and Nero, you are one of the lucky ones. As far as future problems go, you may run into problems, but that has yet to be seen. Until you do, you may want to leave well enough alone. However, uninstalling Roxio is probably a good idea, but in reading other threads concerning the uninstallation of it, I hear that it still keeps files in your registry, amongst other places. You may want to do a search for threads related to the uninstallation. I wish you the best of luck friend!

Xero

4. Pna352

Pna352 Member

I am guaranteed there are still Roxio files on your computer, and i agree with XeroRspct...TAKE ROXIO OFF YOUR COMPUTER... the easiest way is to open control panel, remove programs, and delete Roxio...Now it will still ahve regesrtry files so use this link to fully take them off :
    http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

5. gamename

gamename Regular member

ok i think iwill leave well enough alone.i was down loading this software in order to make dvd slide shows.plus be able to send them over the internet. but i still want tobe able to back up movies i have paid for.i just cant seem to hand over a 20dollar copy to my children if you know what i mean. so does anyone know of software that will do this and not cost an arm and a leg?