1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RROD Xclamp fix, stil not working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by hankij01, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hankij01

hankij01 Member

I have been researching this everywhere, and cannot get mine fixed. Seems like I am just spinning my tires, and not moving... Here is my situation:

Oringinally got the E74 error 1 light. Did the xclamp fix, xbox booted up for 3 to 4 seconds and red ringed with the 2 lights. From what i understand that means it's overheating. I took out my screws cleaned the chips again and re-added the thermal paste. Attempted to turn it on but am just getting 3 solid lights. The fan turns on for half a second and then shuts off, and nothing heats up at all. I tried tighting and looseing the screws and got nothing. I am getting sooo frustrated that I am about ready to throw this thing in the trash and sell my games and be done... Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

this isnt the 360 forum.

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

your xbox 360 mobo is toast. you can try the reflow trick (heatgun), but if the xclamps fix didn't work and the penny trick also didn't work..... well, bin it then... i had a similar problem, 0102 error, then 0020, and 0021 and 0022. nothing helped, just sold it as broken.

and yes, this is NOT the right forum. there is a dedicated 360 forum, there you might get some more help

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.