1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rude, Godlike Members

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by TastyPuke, Mar 29, 2007.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! Talk about a "shock-jock"!

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

"dan! dan! is it true that aus is running for presinator?"

"i stand corrected: you can ask a stupid question. i shall now use the full authority of my position to castrate you with a sledgehammer, and then ensure that you get the long, slow death your incompetence deserves."

"..."

"now, who wants to hear his stance on public education?"

*edit*
    yes that is a horrible setup, but i'm not even going to use a portion of my mental ability to predict dan's possible actions; not only is that his personal privilege alone, but i would do an extraordinary disservice to him, as i could never harness and project the true power of dan's logic and anger. ^.^

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Wow, this pedestal is high... and i'm afraid of hights [​IMG]

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

isn't it nice to have a fanboy that doesn't go out of his way to be some kind of clone, dan?

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

It's even worse ;-)

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; yet in a world where no one can pull off perfect assholism except one, it would only marr the name of dan. :p how's that for kissing up? XD

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

You want fries with that @ss ? :S
    *has another beer to frget about all this**

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's the only way to celebrate the ol' b-day.

9. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

don't get me wrong, fiend....i agree with what you say and don't contest it. all I was saying was that sometimes senior members jump the gun and think someone is talking about something illegal (a very rare sometimes...) and if they're called on it...they look like an @ss because they try to "defend" their point.

I think you guys do a great job on here...I really do. But all I'm saying is it'd be nice to see some of the folks that bring out the guns when not need be to cool off every once in awhile. Yeah...it takes commitment to be a sr member...I don't argue that. But I'm sure there are plenty of newbies on here more knowledgable than a good number of us. I think knowledge, unfortunately, has nothing to do with it.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- i and the other mods poke them in the eye every know and then :p

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You get poking sticks as well as a T-shirt?! Now, I'm jealous! ;-)

Edit: typed the 'UBB' codes wrong :p

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I have yet to meet a newbie that was more knowledgeable than a senior, that would do anything that could be remotely construed as being against the rules, because usually, folks that have the knowledge and the brains are also the folks who read the rules BEFORE they post, and generally speaking these kinds of folks are quick to rise up to junior or member level because they contribute a lot.

So there goes that point out the window.
    Oh i'm sorry, did i just do away with what you said as being pointless ?
    I meant to crush any leftover will to argue about this point...
    So sorry, next time, i'll be more thorough.

13. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

fiend...sheesh...why are you being such a tool about this. no one is trying to argue with you.

i'm going to stop posting about it...because:

a) i never meant for anyone to...but you are proving my original point (about some members being idiots and thinking folks are out to get them)

b) i've gotten rather annoyed with the thread

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Now, I'm not one to undermine the views and thoughts of any of my fellow members who I have respect for, however, I felt this the appropriate place to throw this little gem in the mix... (You may have seen this - some of you)

Clickedy Click

In my opinion, that puts a lot of [so called] senior members and addicts to shame, and then some!

Having said that, for the most part, newbies to the site are no-where near as competent as that individual.

Edit: @howy: At no point has anyone said, or implied, that they think n00bs and the like are out to get us, he's making a point.

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Ripper,
    A very articulate individual who thought out his question before he posted it, did some research himself, a far cry from some of the forums where they ask the same pointless question over and over and over yet the answer they seek is in one of the sticky posts in the top of the forum. (I.E. what is the unlock code for my phone)
    Thanks for the wonderful spot of sunshine Ripper.

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I've heard it's quite bad in the motorola forums Blivet ;-)

Lol. As for the link, courtesy of Janrock's links. :)

17. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

@ Jack: Actually, that's exactly the kind of person i meant, who thinks before posting, formulates his question properly, and he's making sure he's not breaking the rules by using the right wording.
    And he seems curtious even.
    Puts a lot of us to shame indeed, except me, because i am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end...
    Oh sorry, i thought i was in the theater again, playing the roles of Life and Death...
    My bad. [​IMG]

@ howy_2005: You really don't get it do you ?
    Not only do i NOT think anyone's out to get me, other than the bad guys in the videogames i play, i could NOT care less if anyone was out to get me.
    I'm being so completely and utterly abrasive because you keep going back to an idiotic point you're trying to make, that in the end cannot be defended by ANY RATIONAL ARGUMENTATION.
    But since your understanding of the whole point is about as flawed as your english, i doubt you'll ever understand that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

[​IMG]
    "i love you guys" :p

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I'm starting to get worried........................

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah, someone give Brandon his meds and we can all go to bed sleeping easy ;-P