1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rule number five revised?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by rdmercer1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

5) BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.

This is a public Forum. No swearing or swear words. No foul or obscene language, discrimination, flaming or verbally attacking anyone in this forum is allowed.
    Violation of this rule will lead you to being banned from this forum without notice. is this worded right? the title of this rule is BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS right well if that is so why does it say flaming or verbally attacking anyone in this forum is allowed. sounds like someone is sending the wrong message if we want to beRESPECTFUL OF OTHERS why would we want to flaming or verbally attacking anyone. it might be an oversight just thought i would bring it to someones eyes, if i have read this wrong please tell me. thank, i was in the Forum news and announcements and seen the thread for forum rules revised and read it the way that it read was kinda strange , thank you for the reply

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

edit,

that rule is on the dvdxcopy/afterdawn site and has nothing to do with this site
    cheers

the rules for this site

General rules

1. Before starting a new thread, use SEARCH first (located on top of the page..) to see if your question has been answered before!

2. Consider an appropriate forum before posting your question -- look at the forum descriptions on the main forum page first.

3. Post your question only once! Don't cross-post your questions to multiple forums!

4. Don't just ask questions and leave the forum after you've received an answer, try to contribute something as well.

5. -> PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN IF YOU DO THIS <-

6. No foul language, insults, personal attacks or otherwise rude messages.

7. Describe your problem specifically -- including the thread topic, because this helps people who are willing to answer to you.

8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.

9. No ALL CAPS MESSAGES or you will be banned (you know, turn the caps lock off before you type anything).

10. Don't post your email address to the forums! Spambots love dumb forum users who post their email addresses to public sites and grab those addresses and you will soon discover the wonders of penis enlargement kits and other really useful products posted daily to your inbox.

11. Don't abuse private messages -- if your post CAN be posted to public forums, POST IT to public forums. Some of our knowledgeable members receive hundreds of private messages daily and might abandon the site if asking questions through private messages continues.

12. Repeated posts to increase total number of posts is not allowed. Especially if your message is the last in the thread, edit it rather than post a new message.

13. Do not "bump" up threads that you want to remain on the first page. Instead contact a moderator and ask him to "sticky" the thread if necessary.

14. If you see a post that violates any of these rules, please report it to our moderators using the "Report an offensive post" link. Do not play the role of a moderator if you are not one. There is absolutely no need to nitpick on the posts of new users. Let the moderators do their work.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  3. holygrail

holygrail Member

I think you are just reading it wrong, it states:

Which I interpret to mean:

1. No foul or obscene language.
    2. No discrimination.
    3. No flaming or verbally attacking anyone.

[sic]is allowed...

4. ireland

ireland Active member

this is the first part of your post you posted..

5) BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.

This is a public Forum. No swearing or swear words. No foul or obscene language, discrimination, flaming or verbally attacking anyone in this forum is allowed.
    Violation of this rule will lead you to being banned from this forum

that is the rule at dvdxcioy/afterdawn site

5. holygrail

holygrail Member

I'm with ya...wrong forum. LOL