Run Linux and other apps at the same time

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kopo85, Nov 19, 2004.

1. kopo85

kopo85 Member

Is it possible to run linux on the xbox and play a game or run evox at the same time? If so how and what version do I need to get. The reason why I'm asking this is because I want to setup a [bold]permanent[/bold] ftp through my xbox for all my friends, but I don't want them to have access to certain folders such as the c or e drive and I want it to be up, say when I'm playing a game. I also want to be able to limit the number of people on it and give everyone a unique username and password (hypothetically). If there's anyway to do this w/o getting linux I'd be happy to know. I've set up the xbox and tested it, so I know i can access the folders from anywhere, so that's not the problem. The problem is finding the software to run it.

2. kopo85

kopo85 Member

No one has any ideas on this one? Should I have posted in a different forum?

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

As far as I know most xbox linux versions will use up so much of your ram that even if you could,your games wouldn't be able to run.

4. kopo85

kopo85 Member

would upgrading the ram do anything? say 128.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

no,it would be like running your media center and playing a game at the same time....it just won't happen sorry.