1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running my xbox 360 through my comp to my lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by cigaro56, Feb 3, 2007.

1. cigaro56

cigaro56 Member

well here's my dilemma... (i have been trying to figure this out for a while with no luck)
    i dont have an hdtv, but i just got my new computer (HP Pavillion m7750n) and a samsung 20" LCD widescreen monitor

i dont have a vga cable for my 360, but my computer has a composite (y,r,w) inputs on the front

this comp has windows vista and is a media center pc

i want to run my 360 through my computer and display it on my monitor but i have no clue how to do it.

every time i try to get my 360 set up it tells me i have to set up a tv signal though media center, which then fails when it doesnt find a tv

i know the signal works, because when i was trying to set it up, i was given a list of inputs to try and my 360 was on the setting (composite video 2), but it then treated it like a tv signal and said i didn't have some of the required hardware.

the power it requires to do so doesn't matter since i have a AMD dual core 5200+ and 2GB of ram in this comp

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

screen lag will be tremendous anyway, better go spend the $20 on the VGA cables.