1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running out of space!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by noClue2, Feb 10, 2005.

1. noClue2

noClue2 Guest

Hello all! Ok- I found fastcopydvd but really don't want to pay a $100 bucks, maybe with all the time I am spending on this I might as well. I finally got Mac The Ripper to download properly and copy my dvd! yeah! but it was 5.6 GB for the main presentation or 7.3 for the full presentation. I had enough space to copy the 5.6 version but it is too big for the dvd 4.7 GB disk... hence I looked for a compression program to use. Remember, I have a MAC and all the ones I have found are mostly Windows friendly. So I got the mac friendly one, DVD2ONE X and it wants to compress it and use up another 4.7 GB, which I don't have!
    Here's the ?- do I need to buy an external drive to use or is there another solution? I have an ibook from 2001- and maybe it's a miracle I am still functioning with such an "old" version in today's standards but this puppy runs and I would like to make her do new tricks! So, here is her stats:
    Machine Model: iBook
    CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (22.14)
    Number Of CPUs: 1
    CPU Speed: 500 MHz
    L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
    Memory: 192 MB
    Bus Speed: 67 MHz

can some guru out there tell me what to do.
    I did search the boards but can't find an answer and a useful tool would be to have a mac section to these discussions because I feel we are a minority and need special attention : ) or it just gets to be too much when people talk about stuff and you go seeking it to find, you can't use it! : (

Please help! Is there another tool out there that can burn and compress at the same time that I don't have to shell out a cool 100 buck for?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

a mac section:http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/56