1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Video Hook-up From PC to TV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dgraham77, Apr 28, 2004.

1. dgraham77

dgraham77 Guest

I dunno if this issue has been discussed or not, but if so I appologize. Heres my problem. I am trying to hook up my video card to my tv set and I don't know how to completely set it up. I have a GeForce FX 5200 video card and the s-video cable needed to hook up the connection from the video card to the tv, but, what I am having a hard time figuring out is how to get the picture from a playing video to the tv. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. sailor21

sailor21 Member

If you have figured this out or have been told what to do please eo-mail me and tell me as I am in the dark and so is my TV

3. tomu2000

tomu2000 Member

I am not familiar with your video card but I do have quite a bit of experience with ATI cards similar to yours.

Anyways, if you go into advanced display settings (right click on desktop>properties>settings>advanced) and open the tab that should say displays or something similar.

This is where you should see your TV and monitor as your displays. Here you can enable your TV display so you can see what you are seeing on your monitor on your TV.

If the option is available, you will need to make the TV your primary display while watching movies in order to see the video on the TV.

Hope this helps, I found it a bit hard to explain not knowing very much about your video card.

If there is anything I missed or anything else you need please just ask.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Also, you will need to set your display settings pretty low; my TV will only take 800X600.