1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-VIDEO PC to TV Resolution Problems!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by porchmasi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

S-VIDEO PC to TV Resolution Problems!

I have a
    -2.8 ghz P4 PC with a ATI X700 pro video card (supports tv out)
    -17" LCD Monitor set @ resolution 1280x1024
    -27" LCD TV @ Connect to PC via S-VIDEO

When i enable the TV and extended desktop, images look distorted because of the awkward resolution and videos dont play. Small photos look nice and everythign works in extended view (mouse, pics, apps) BUT VIDEOS dont play they stay black or frozen at that frame. (but the play time counter continues moving)

How do i properly conifgure my 1080i compatible 27" tv to fit the WHOLE SCREEN and look as good as it does if i connected via DVI :S
    (not it quality but liek full screen and nice)

EDIT: MANAGED A MINOR FIX!
    -UNSTEAD OF "EXTENDED MONITOR" I SET IT TO "MONITOR REPLICA/CLONE" so now it is a clone display but ... my pc display res is set low and it looks crap on my pc but very nice on my tv :S

my tv display has a black boarder around the desktop ...:S

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. Flameon

Flameon Member

S-video has a max res of 640x480, so unless you connect it via VGA or DVI your stuck.

3. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

What about the "high def composite cables" the ummm blue, red, green cables..wats the max res on those

4. Flameon

Flameon Member

Those are called "Component" cables and they have a max output of 1080p or 1920x1080@60Hz

5. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

EXCELLENT THATS AMAZING! I NEED TO BUY THOSE HIGH DEF COMPONENT CABLES FOR CHEAP ... im gonan google it now!

6. Flameon

Flameon Member

I don't think graphics cards for computers have output Component though. If yours does though make sure you get component cables. Red, Green, and Blue, plus it has audio on it sometimes which is Red and White, 5 RCA plugs total.

Don't get confused with standard composite cables, Yellow, Red and White which can only do 480i or 640x480@30Hz.

7. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

i know bro, my video card has dvi out and a little circle out that can comes with 2 adaptors 1 for yellow output, 1 for s video output and 1 with blue/red/green output :)

is it ok if i buy a cable that contains

blue, red, green, white, and yellow? and just use the b/r/g?? iv found at radio shack .. but online i found the b/r/g 1 for same price + tax + shipping ... so $10 more

8. Flameon

Flameon Member

It should be ok. Just only connect the Red/Blue/Green to the monitor and the other Red/Blue/Green to the video card don't try to mix and match.