1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-video to tv

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by gvp16, Oct 23, 2005.

1. boras69

boras69 Member

Unfortunately, I am using s-video to RCA cable. I tried to set all types of tv settings (ntsc-m, pal_b, pal_d, pal_g and all others). I even also tried to connect my tv with scart cable but it did not help. I still see my tv in black and white :(

2. dkbaked

dkbaked Guest

I am going to assume your tv doesn't have an s-video in port. I haven't tried tv-out using anything other than a straight s-video cable before so im lost when it comes to other types of adapters. From what I have read though, the adapters you are using are probably the reason only black and white is being shown on your tv. Here is another link for your laptop that may give you some more technical info that I am talking about. Click number 1, then click Amilo Series faq and page down to option 18.
    http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/lifebook/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2006
  3. boras69

boras69 Member

In fact i have two TVs at home but they both shows colours in black and white when i connect my notebook. One of the TVs has s-video port but i have not tried s-video - s-video cable yet because i don't have one. I have only tried s-video - RCA and s-video - scart cables.
    I read the link you gave me but it didn't help me :(. Perhaps the only way for me is to try s-video - s-video cable. Thanks for your help anyway

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  4. boras69

boras69 Member

I have solved the problem. It was just my cable fault. It had two parts converter and extension lead. The converter was broken. As i have mentioned before, i have tried to use scart cable but i tried it with the same converter, so that's why it didn't work.