1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S/W : Clone DVD3.0: 7.6 GB (original) to 2 x 4.3 GB

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by nopfusch, May 4, 2005.

1. nopfusch

nopfusch Member

I bought the Clone DVD 3.0 from Emetrix for the reason, that I could copy the whole original DVD onto two 4.3 GB disks.
    Although I selected "whole disk", the copy was compressed onto one 4.3 GB disk.
    Any Idea what could be wrong? I downloaded and read the manual. I cannot see where I went wrong.

PC data: 2.4 GB Celeron, 256 MB RAM, 1x40 GB HDD (C:\) 1x200 GB HDD
    (D:\)for storing / editing, BENQ DVD burner.
    I approached the manufacturer - reply to come.
    Thanks for any hints.
    Regards
    nopfusch

2. iatik

iatik Guest

Clone DVD 3 is NOT the same product as CloneDVD 2.xx from Elaborate Bytes. Clone DVD 3 is a Chinese company who is currently hijacking Elaborate Bytes world wide trademark and producing an inferior product. If you want the correct software, you need to buy it from Elaborate Bytes directly - www.elby.ch or one of its legitimate distributors - www.slysoft.com, for example. I discovered the 2nd version of Clone DVD and e-mailed both companies. Only Elaborate Bytes answered with a legitimate support ticket and explained to me what is currently going on. I will post this e-mail if interest picks up on this issue. In the meantime, I encourage users to stop supporting the Chinese company and support the legitimate and rightful developer of this fabulous product - CloneDVD 2.xx.

Cheers....Ask Althea

3. nopfusch

nopfusch Member

Hi Althea,
    that makes somewhat sense. They replied, but what a - I'm sorry to say - stupid reply and follow - up questions!
    OK, wrong investment.
    Can't change it.
    regards
    nopfusch

4. iatik

iatik Guest

Glad to help. Now I'm trying to figure out where to post the problem so that more users will be notified. Sorry I couldn't prevent you from wasting $$$$. BTW, the real CloneDVD is cheaper than the hijacked version.

Cheers...Aa