1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe free download sites.

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by squizluke, Aug 14, 2010.

1. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good safe sites for downloading free safe android apps and games. I've tried a few and i don't like what some of the games want access to.

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I don't like them either...why exactly does an offline game with no ads need access to my contact data and the internet?

...I am working on a method of stripping permissions from android APK files to eliminate this kind of behavior...but until then, I am just DL'ing through torrents and checking the permissions.

3. biglo30

biglo30 Regular member

That method would be very useful because I tired of trying to install a app thats seems very useful but asking for full access to everything on my phone. So I'm looking forward to it how ever long it takes.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I gave up on that a while ago...I was able to modify permissions, but then the apps just refused to start once installed.

5. biglo30

biglo30 Regular member

Oh I had a feeling if you did get to modify the permissions that I would break the apk itself.