1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe free games sites

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by AmiNutall, Apr 19, 2011.

1. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Im trying to see if there are any 'safe' free games sites you guys would recommend I let my kids play on .
    Im convinced that a s coupel of viruses we picked up have come from them going on some of these free games sites, that takes them to goodness knows what site.

I have just installed Kaspersky Intenet which i hope will help protect, and Ive laid the law down about not downloading anything. But can they still get a virus just by going to the site and playing it 'online' ?

Any advice much welcomed

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. keebles

keebles Regular member

3. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Cheers keebles.

Just to confirm, can you pick up a virus simply by going to a link / website - or only if you download a film / game ? Im sure its just hitting the site , as we dont usually donload anything, but want to be clear.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

any site that you log into will put cookies onto your computer.any cookie can contain damaging files.most will show up as spyware although most are harmless.

most free sites will have pop ups or ads with links to virus's and other harmful files.

go to google.com as am example and you will have 2 spyware cookies on your system.(atdmt.com) and (double click.com) thats without downloading anything.so yes you can get a virus without downloading anything.

5. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

Thanks xbox. Guess its a case of trying to stick to 'trusted sites', and constantly telling them not to click on any links.

I realy wish theyd nail these freaks who enjoy putting viruses out there. Stick a few in prison - then lets see how many keep doing it.

6. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

"I realy wish theyd nail these freaks who enjoy putting viruses out there. Stick a few in prison - then lets see how many keep doing it."

coding viruses sounds like it would be funner than nagging one's children every time they are online. teach your children common sense and eventually you wont need to worry about them downloading viruses and whatnot. Or maybe you would rather stifle their growth, kind of like how prison warps a convicts mind.

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

personally i think anything that has a harmful or damaging effect on someone elses computer should be illegal.you break into someone house and break there computer its illegal.you put spyware or a virus on there computer and gain entry to all there files and its fine.

8. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

i think it is already illegal, and that's not my point anyway. It's tiring to hear how herding people into a dangerous environment will make society safer. Viruses essentially boil down to a loss of productivity or money. They are nonphysical, nonviolent crimes. That's how I see it.

9. AmiNutall

AmiNutall Regular member

I think any virus that makes you go to a certain website , to lure you into paying £20 for their software to 'fix it', should result in that website being shut down.

10. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

most virus's can be fixed with other software.i sent a friend to pandascan well talking to her on facebook.she complained it wanted to charge her to remove the virus's,i pointed out that it gave her the file path to the virus and all she had to do was copy and paste the file path to search bar and delete the infected files.if software tells you that you have a virus and wont tell you where it is chances are there isnt even a virus,just a scammer wanting to make money.