1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safedisc 2.9 giving a hard time

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rayb0187, Jul 25, 2003.

1. rayb0187

rayb0187 Member

hi,
    i have medieval total war-viking invasion, which is safedisc 2.9(with clonyxxl), and i just can't manage to make a backup of it. I used alcohol120% at first, but failed (even with emulation). I also tried blindwrite but during burning i got an error and a ruined cd-r. I used padus to dump the image with all the settings(skip read errors, raw read,etc.) but while reading it goes so slow that in 1 hr it only had done 2%, so i am at a loss about what to do? the same thing happens with clonecd. when i try to dump the image with padus or clonecd, the read errors are so many, does it make a difference when i burn the image eventually? i have a one sheep burner LG-8080B. i've tried all the things on the forums about safedisc2.9 but not getting anywhere. please help.
    thx.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Is it the "original" cd image or a internet download? Can you burn RAW DAO? Enable all emulation using Alcohol 120% and try to play the backup in your LG. If you have the "original" pc game, install from the LG drive, not the dvd\cd-rom. Consider a Lite-ON LTR 52/35/52x cdrw m8 if you backup pc protected games on a routine basis. Good luck!

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2003
  3. rayb0187

rayb0187 Member

thanx shoey!
    yes, i have the original game disc which i was trying to back up. i dumped the image with padus, but padus didn't open the image after dumping it and my computer hanged. so i burned the image with alcohol on a cd-rw and it worked fine even without emulation, but when i used the same settings to burn a cd-r, it didn't work, even with emulation. the cd-r won't play. i think i can burn with raw dao( not exactly sure), but when i entered safedisc2 in the datatype it burned with raw sao+ sub. and what would be the best cd-rw drive in your opinion for burning exact copies of game images? i'm thinking of buying one, nothing too expensive, i hope :)
    thanx.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If you can get your backup to play in your dvd\cd-rom then your just fine m8. The reason why the backup made to a cd-r is simply Safedisc 2.9 does a "Atip check" on the disc itself. Just before you burn the image using Alcohol 120%, you'll notice all the write settings you have for your burner. The best write method is RAW DAO+96. Since your backup made to a cd-r didn't work using emulation and your LG burner can't write
    RAW DAO, then consider the Lite-ON 52/32/52 or 52/24/52 burners. These are in my opinion the best "all in one burners". They beat Safedisc& SecuROM pc game protection, 7 of 8 tough audio cd protections, blazin' fast dae (digital audio extraction) and very accurate as well. Try the backup made to the cd-rw in your dvd\cd-rom and see if the game will install\play m8 for the fun of it. Many people backup to cd-rw as ATIP check isn't a factor because the format of a cd-rw and a cd-r= different. If you find the Lite-ON burners too expensive, then grab a Memorex MAXX52x cdrw as these drives are [bold] rebagged Lite-ON's [/bold] and one can use Litey firmware(52x) to flash this drive.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2003