1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sagem d-box to network

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dsims3468, Oct 22, 2006.

1. dsims3468

dsims3468 Guest

Hi all can you please help. i'am trying to connect my d box to my network router i've conncted a crossover network cable to d box then router,i changed dbox ip addresss and other network addresses on it, but now i am stuck can any one advise what to do next?

2. ogwells

ogwells Member

have u got a nullmodem cable connected

3. dsims3468

dsims3468 Guest

Hi

The cable i have is a utp crossover cable for networking. Is this the right one to use? is a nullmodem cable different? i have not heard of one.

many thanks for your reply.

appreciated.

4. ogwells

ogwells Member

i used a crossover cable with dlink network box changed ip address on pc to find box connect null modem cable keep dbox unplugged open up image assisant then plugged box back in and then pc found box ok a null modem cable connects to pc port 1or 2 hope this helps

5. _Sparky_

_Sparky_ Guest

If you are using a router then you need a standard network cable not a crossover cable. You would only use a crossover if you were connecting directly from the pc to the dbox without a hub or router.
    Hope this helps,
    Sparks