1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Dbox starting over

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by robinofb, Mar 12, 2007.

1. robinofb

robinofb Member

It looks like I need to 'reflash' my dbox and I am a complete novice. I have found the beginers guide and bought a network crossover cable today. So... the guide says there are pictures of the motherboard/chips 'on this forum' but I have no idea how to find them. I guess next I will need to download a collection of software (I have Sportster on at the moment). I am in Bristol (formally a telewest now a Virgin media area) and I would be happy with what I already have if only my remote controls would work and the channels didn't keep switching off quite so often.

I need a step by step, walkthrough, but I would really like to have a go. Best advice so far is the remote settings might have been put in wrong by the previous owner (makes sense). Can anyone take me through the process? I guess everyone has to start somewhere... for me it starts with understanding how forums work (a real novice for sure!)

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Head over to http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb , Hit the guides section in there. The one you seem to have , looks a bit crazy. Software and everything you need can be found on that site too.

All the best m8

3. robinofb

robinofb Member

Thanks Tam, a really helpful place, I have spent ages browsing already. Still stuck though... all this started because my remote controls don't work, and MGB sugested a reflashing might sort it out. Almost every guide says use your remote to select something as part of the process. It looks like you are the guy that wrote the book... if anyone knows the answer... Oh and would you prefer I post the next question here or on the other forum (trying to do the right thing).

4. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Its up to your self m8, Im on techno source a bit more though now. Best off to buy a remote for the box.

5. robinofb

robinofb Member

Thanks again Tam, I have already searched for the code using 3 of my remotes, bought 2 brand new Dbox remotes and a universal one with the dbox code.. none work! MGB thought the previous owner might have done something with the remote setting in the setting up and sugested a reflash to resolve it... of course it could be a hardware issue! The previous owner said it worked with a friends remote so should be OK (but then he would say that).

6. shitsu

shitsu Member

it shuld start working after areflash.

both my remotes started working after i put on commando 7.5

7. robinofb

robinofb Member

Thanks, thats just what I want to hear! Just bought another box (out of frustration)but I still need to get this one sorted.