1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 40" LCD HDTV buzzing sound..??

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by blitzk, Feb 19, 2008.

1. blitzk

blitzk Member

I just purchased a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV and when the images on the screen have too much black is makes a quiet buzzing sound which can be very annoying, especially when wathcing tv at a low volume or at night. I found out that it has something to do with the contrast levels and the amount of black on the screen. does anyone know if this is normal or if I can make it go away?? please help!!

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

What model did you buy?

3. blitzk

blitzk Member

Model: LN-T4061F by SAMSUNG. it is a 1080p.

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

HMMM, it's the tv I thought it might be. I've seen several places online and around town that have been selling those for like 700 to 800 under the MSRP. Maybe they know there's this defect with it so that would explain the low price? How much did you pay for it? 1100? I dunno, I'd google a few things on it and see what you come up with.

Nonetheless, it doesn't sound like something that should be happening. I'll see what I can come up with.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  5. blitzk

blitzk Member

I bought it a couple of weeks ago and barely used it, i bought it new at best buy for $1,529 dlls.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well take it back to best buy it's broken! Duh. Couldn't you figure out that yourself. You pay $1500 for a set that buzzes. Good sets don't BUZZ. Get an exchange and if it buzzes, make them give you another of equal brand that works. Hope you kept the box!