1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung 50" plasma

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by zodiac29, Mar 19, 2007.

1. zodiac29

zodiac29 Member

Thinking about getting myself a 50 inch samsung plasma Tv. But before i do, just wanted to get other people's opinion about this Tv.

What do u think??

2. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Get a Panasonic or Pioneer. Go to www.avsforum.com and to the Plasma section. Do a search there and you will understand.

3. 0208psp

0208psp Member

i got a samsung 50" plasma tv! And i think it rocks, i like the design it looks too classy. I would reccomend it, fits in nicely in the living room if youve got ur self some leather sofas

4. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

It looks classy? LOL How does HD look on it compared to other Plasmas?

5. 0208psp

0208psp Member

well i had a hitachi 42 " before my samsung dat was hd ready, but there not in the same league. the samsung looks much more elegant, and the quality of the tv, you could mistake it was LCD ( fyi LCD is better than Plasma). im not sure which design ur talking about but ive got the one with the blue light in the middle with an outside black trim.

6. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Lcd better than Plasma? I have no problems with LCD tv's. I like my Panasonic Plasma, and to me nothing looks better.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  7. 0208psp

0208psp Member

,coz it has a slighter betta picture quality and because it would last u longer as it is Glass screen not plastic like plasma.

I love my TV!!

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  8. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

I'm sorry, could you use the spell checker next time because I do not understand what you are typing. Just because something is more expensive does not mean it is a better product. Example, Bose speakers. Where are you getting your information about LCD's and Plasma's? My Panasonic Plasma's screen is glass. Please get your facts right before you reply next time.

9. 0208psp

0208psp Member

listen man, do watever u want buy watever u want. And stop talkin rubbish,"could you use the spell checker next time because I do not understand what you are typing".

10. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

No "rubbish" here. I provide the facts, you do not. It's that simple.
    By the way, which tv do you own, a LCD or Plasma? Your posts are confusing.

11. 0208psp

0208psp Member

do some research yourself.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@zodiac29

You asked a decent question and it seems two members can't have a civil argument. I have a Samsung LCD and can't tell you about the plasma and I have seen the Panasonic plasma and it's picture wasn't any better than mine. Wait around someone will come along and help you better than what you got previously.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sd72667 & 0208psp, edit your posts ASAP or suffer the consequences. also you will apologise to zodiac29 for turning his thread into a flamewar.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@zodiac29

Have you gone to a store and compared the pictures of the sets you may be considering. I looked for 2 months at different sets. My choice came down to a Samsung 40" LCD720p and a Sharp 42"LCD1080p. The Sharp was $500 more and I just couldn't see $500 difference in the picture. I think there are many good brands out there including the Panasonic, also Pioneer and $ony(which I hate). Mostly you CANNOT trust everything you read on the internet about TVs including testamonials. You'll get an honest opinion here at AD I think. But you're gonna watch the picture, so you gotta decide what you like best. JM2C

15. 0208psp

0208psp Member

i would edit but dont know how 2.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@0208psp

On the colored line above your post, far to the right, is a little pad and pencil. Click on it and edit your posts.

17. HDTV4all

HDTV4all Member

I've been reading the messages in this thread and the heated argument and for the life of me, I had a hard time understanding the trains of thought. The fact is that the 50" Samsung Plasma has a great picture (like most plasmas) but is also subject to the same problems of most Plasmas - burn in.

Most people in the know get Plasma or LCD sets because they're lighter and can be mounted on a wall. It used to be that LCD screens were hard to see at some angles. Those problems have been largely eliminated or improved.

LCDs in particular use less power which is a plus for energy-conscious consumers. LCDs also used to have problems with blurry pictures.

If you decide to get an LCD set, get one that has a fast refresh rate or response time; something like 8ms (milliseconds) or faster if you can. That way, you'll eliminate blurry pictures. LCDs are popular and small. LCDs sell for less than $1,000. Larger LCDs are generally more expensive than plasma sets.

Plasma sets have beautiful picture quality but the smallest set is 37 inches. If you need something smaller, go for an LCD.

Plasma Problems; Reflections are the main problem with plasma sets. If you get one, put it in a fairly dark room for best results. The other problem with plasmas is 'burn-in'. The picture or a reflection of the picture tends to stay on the screen; so for example, if you pause or freeze and image, you'll find that it kind of burns into your screen and you'll see it there for some time afterward. This can be annoying.

For more info in general about HDTV Systems, bookmark http://hdtv.equipmentsalessite.info

HDTV4all

18. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I have both a Samsung 40" 1080P LCD and a Samsung 42" plasma, both look fantastic to me in HD in either 720P or 1080P.. I enjoy both of them..

19. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

We sell both types of flat screens. The plasma does have the possible burn in problem that you have to watch out for but in my opinion has a slightly better picture. You notice it more in the darker areas or black areas like night time pictures. LCDs will sort of wash out the black area to a gray color where plasma won't. The burn in problem isn't as bad as it was before and my 42 inch LG plasma has I think 4 options to help correct that problem, if it happens. Its all a matter of choice and I suggest you just go somewhere and spend a half hour watching different sets all on the same channel to compare. LCDs have a slightly longer life span also.
    At least this is what our sales reps tell me.

Jerry

20. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Your right about the burn in problem Jerry, my tv has a couple of options to correct the problem as well. Also, i've played my 360 and PS3 for hours on my plasma and i have no signs of burn in problems whatsoever, i know results may vary but my plasma has been really reliable when it comes to gaming, it really looks fantastic in my opinion...