1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung A900 Lock? MP3? Solution?

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by vspede, May 3, 2006.

1. vspede

vspede Member

So I got a Samsung phone and low and behold its betrayed me. I was esctatic that I could connect to my pc via bluetooth or USB Cable but apparently it doesn't do me any good in terms of mp3 ringtones.

I can transfer to a "mass storage" folder but you can't select anything from that folder for ringtones. Only under "my content" folder can be selected. Bastards, trying to milk money by making me buy them
    :)

I was wondering, is there a way I can unlock it so I can upload my modified mp3's to the "my content" folder? is it possible? The only other way is to spend money on internet service and upload them from websites. Anyone got any ideas?

Truly unfair I should say that phone companies purposely do this. Should be a law against it.

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

3. vspede

vspede Member

Actually I found out how to do it. Heres the condensed version. Apparently this works for most Sprint PCS phones who can play mp3's.

Download Audacity (mp3 editor) its free. google it.
    Download lame_enc.dll (to encode mp3 for phone usage)
    Select a 30 second section. clip, export as mp3.

Goto FREE Upload website
    http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/
    put your number and upload file to your number.

Open your phone, open the message and download ringtone.

Your done. You have an MP3 Ringtone and its free.

1 month later, cancel Sprint Vision Ultimate and pay nothing.

I have 15 ringtones so far from MP3's and I'm going to upload 30 more. Hoorah.

4. JaDuOne

JaDuOne Member

I've been trying to do this using your directions but I can't get it to work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Can you help?

I downloaded Audacity and Lameenc.dll Now I don't know what to do next. then when I go into rumkin this is what I have so far.

Sent to : my number
    DescriptioN: Ringers
    Filname: ? - Don' know what to put here.

Can you give me detail instructions. NOt a very technical person sorry if I sound ignorant.

Thanks!!!! for all the help you can give me

5. vspede

vspede Member

Ok for Audacity, you use that to Cut your song (mp3) into a 30 second file. Thats b/c 30 seconds is the most your mp3 will play as a ringtone. Its really more like 15-20 seconds, but most people do 30.

After you cut the file down, save it and upload it on rumkin to your phone.

Put your phone number down, the title of your ringer, and upload your file from your computer.

It'll appear on your phone as a text message. There will be an option to "go". Go to it, download it, and your set.

Remember this only works if your phone can playh mp3s.