1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung and Memorex bad combo

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by FFW, Dec 7, 2003.

1. FFW

FFW Member

I got a samsung drive and usig Memorex brand of dvd+r's. When i but the disk in the xbox it says unknown. Has anyone else had this prolem? I know i made a good iso and burnt it well, becasue when i burn games on a cd they work on my xbox. Can anyone tell me if it's just the memorex brand that dosn't work on a samsung drive or if it's the dvd+r's?

2. FFW

FFW Member

Also i found a 50pack of 4x dvd-r's for 49.99. But it's from a company i never heard from. Their called BMI. Anyone use this brand. Are they good brand or do the dvd-r badly made?

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

The problem isnt memorex, the problem is xbox wont read dvd+r , use dvd-r or dvd+rw

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

goto amazon.com get 25 memorex dvd-r for 29.99 with free shipping

5. arkain

arkain Member

a friend of mine swears by the princo dvd-r. they are 1x but from what ive been told you really should burn them at that speed anyway. you can find them at www.allmediaoutlet.com 100pk spindle for like $69 or something like that.

6. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

I use DVD+Rs just fine. I only use the Memorex DVD+RWs but have never really tried the Memorex DVD+Rs. I use other brand DVD+R so to say the XBOX cannot use them is inaccurate.

The drive I have is Thompson which from what I have heard is the worst of all the ones that are put in the XBOX. This question of media for DVD-Rs has come up several times, but since I only use DVD+R I never really commited them to memory. Try to search this forum for that media type and see what other's have said.