1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung galaxy S3 Questions please need help

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by megadunderhead, Jul 29, 2013.

1. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Ok

first i have verified with my carrier that they do accept unlocked phones and they you can use any unlocked phone for there service as long as they have there plan for android which i do.

Let me explain my issues here in a nut shell.

One of my mom's friends gave her a samsung galaxy S3 from a School electronics recycling program cool the phone deactivated of course no sim has been completely wiped and all data internally detroyed by doing a 7 pass wipe.

ok so here is my challenge.

I have the phone running except... It is in german yes you heard right German. I decided to rewipe the phone again using the phones format and erase option after doing so the phone came up with hot mobile from india or iraq unknown because i dont read the language.

Anyways i found odin. Now from what i understand odin will flash android updates official and non official to the phone great so i found beta version of 4.2.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3 phones now i really dont want to use a beta firmware for a galaxy S3 because if they dial home like the iphones do goodbye phone.

so here is my issue i am trying to find a way to unlock the phone into english and to get the phone unlocked onto at&T because of where i live at it is the only service that works verizon has only one bar sprints in a dead zone and t-mobile is completely worthless.

i will be using at&T for the unlocking i am not unlocking the phone myself i just need to get the freaking phone in english!!!!

Anyone have any idea's please!!!

2. gronimo18

gronimo18 Regular member

google xda best place on earth trust me

3. megadunderhead

tried there no one was interrested in helping me sp i guess the beta version is the only choice i have oh well

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I think you could probably flash an English RUU package to it and that would sort it. 4.1 may have to do though.

5. megadunderhead

actually i found a 4.2.2 update for it that someone had leaked in english for the samsung s3 and it works excellent only app that doesn't work is video hub because it doesn't like the s3 but its a worthless app anyways