1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HLS-5687 "Digital Noise" Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by M4DHATT3R, Jul 12, 2007.

1. M4DHATT3R

M4DHATT3R Member

Hello all, I'm having this issue with my set (HLS-5687) that just started a couple days ago and it seems to come and go. I'm getting this "digital noise" through out the picture. I have a picture to show what I mean http://img346.imageshack.us/my.php?...urenoisefr1.jpg this picture isn't mine but I'm having the exact same issue but worse (specifically what I'm talking about is the "noise" you see on the lower right corner area). Now it's not my cable provider (Verizon Fios) b/c this happens on all my inputs (DVD, XBOX, Cable) and I have my DVD & Cable hooked up through HDMI and XBOX through S-Video (yep, still the old XBOX). I'vs checked all my connections, all my cables, and yes the TV is calibrated (self done through Digital Video Essentials) so it's not the factory settings. Never had this issue in the 4 months I had the set and it just started happening the other day. It'll come and go, sometimes staying for a couple minutes, sometimes up to a half an hour. My question is has anyone else experienced this issue (have searched for the past hour and haven't found anything on the web) and if so, what was your problem and how did you fix it? Is this a problem with the set that needs to be serviced? Thank you for any and all help that anyone will be able to give. Believe me it will be much appreciated.

2. sjh24

sjh24 Member

Check out avsforum.com they have some good in depth stuff an TVs and their issues.

3. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

So.... what happened to afterdawn, when i was down with dvd encoding/xbox modding/psp hacking this was a ridiculously active place, perhaps even to a fault. Now it seems all the regular mofo joe's have gone and we have lots of peeps telling all questionee's to report to the avsforum's office?

Peacedafukout