1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LCD and 1080P question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gracie17, Dec 29, 2006.

1. gracie17

gracie17 Member

I have a couple of questions.
    I recently bought a 40 inch LCD. I looked at the Sony Bravia and the Samsung LA40M61B. I chose the Samsung as side by side the Samsung had a better picture and was a better price for the same features. Infact the Samsung had greater contrast ratios.
    So I am very happy with my LCD. Now it has an 8ms response time however I find that some HD broadcasts have more movement blur than others. How can this be if the tv refreshes at 8ms?
    I recently saw a Samsung 1080P panel with a Blu-ray movie being played in it. Now if I watch my 720P samsung panel with HD broadcasts it looks as good and detailed as this blu-ray 1080P display. The jump from 480P to 720P was dramatic. From what I have seen the jump from 720P to 1080P is not at all so dramatic.
    I was worried that I might of jumped to early into a LCD at 720P but I feel a little better after seeing the difference. I am mistaken about this?

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

You can still have movement blur with a 8ms LCD set...depends how fast the movement is...

there is a quite a diffrence between 720p & 1080p...not much of a diffrence between 1080i & 1080p in my opinion

If you are happy with 720p then you did fine...Don't sweet it...