1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LCD

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by fourmpub, Dec 29, 2009.

1. fourmpub

fourmpub Member

I recently purchased a 40inch Samsung LCD tv and im having trouble connecting it with my cable box. The wires are properly connected but the picture is kind of blurry. My old tv quality was better and its 7years old. I connect the cable box and the new tv via the red yellow and white wires.

2. london01

london01 Member

Av connection is 1 of the worst for picture quality, if your cable box has Hdmi, conect it that way as it is the best. 2nd best is component blue red green and the 3rd would be scart.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

If he was using using an old 7 year old TV I doubt that he has an HDMI box which usually only comes with HD service. And component can often look better than HDMI, with less HDMI hassles.

4. water_boy

water_boy Member

Did you connect the 7 year old TV back to the cable box to check to see if your inbound signal is fine ? Just encase there is any disruption due to the weather right now ?

Also try upgrade your cables from composite to scart or component you may well see a difference also.