1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung P421 and SVCD

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Hitower, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Hitower

Hitower Member

I just got a P421 player just because of the reviews, user reviews, and the fact that it does play SVCD's according to all of you out there that have this player, and all the websites.

The box even says it plays it.
    On the other hand the manual does not. Simply stating the player will not Play SVCD. Sure enough I made a SVCD and also a sample SVCD from vcdhelp, and the player comes up with the msg that it cannot play this disc.

Samsung Tech supports answer to it, is that it will only play store bought SVCD not burnt copies.
    I find this hard to believe, and strange.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Im fairly new to burning SVCD/VCD. But the copy I burnt did play on the computer just fine. Perhaps there is something I am missing in burning it. Is there a workaround or a hack for it.

Thanks

Please email back to digital6@shaw.ca

2. fmac51

fmac51 Member

I brought the same model about 6 weeks ago at best buy & it plays home made SVCD's perfectly
    but my friend brought one yesterday at the same store & it doesn't play the same SVCD's. His manual has the note like yours but mine doesn't.

Later, Frank

3. Hitower

Hitower Member

Samsungs loss. I returned it because they were unwilling to deal with it.

My phillips 623 does a great job of reading svcd.