1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Plasma Tv top half screen black.

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by cky4987, Dec 26, 2008.

1. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

woke up this morning turned and turned on my tv to this.
    [​IMG]
    the top half has a black bar going across the whole screen and colored moving pixels at the top, the tv is a Samsung Hp-R5052 and it about 2 and a half years old, any ideas of what could of caused this, how to fix and how much money it will cost if need be?, it wasn't hit or anything like that and I have never had any problems in the past, any help or answers would be very appreciated. Thanks.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I don't know why the TV itself went crazy BUT have you tried unplugging it for a while and then trying it again. You didn't say if you tried other inputs. Do you have a cable box that feeds the signal? Have you tried a dvd player to see if you get the same problem. An over the air station? If all feeds are no working properly, then you at least know it's the set. You have probably tried all the above, but you didn't tell us you did.If it's the cable box only then unplug it and let it reboot. Hopefully it's an input problem.

3. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

nah i've tried, video games, a dvd player, cable, all of that and its still there. tried various inputs so it must be the tv. and i also left if off yesterday and all of last night and turned it on this morning and its still there, any ideas?

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

BUT did you unplug it too?

5. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

yes i unplugged it.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

sorry it wasn't simple. sounds like it's the tv itself. I do know that plasmas are harder to work on from one tv repair guy I know. That may not be true either tho. I wish I could help further but you're going to have to bite the bullet and let someone look at it who KNOWS what they are doing and won't rip you off. good luck with it. When you get it rectified post back and let us know. Someone else might come along with more tech knowledge about plasmas and help.

7. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

alright, thanks for trying to help. ill post if anything happens.

8. deanjj

deanjj Guest

I have screen problem also,and i try to check and still have that problem.