1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SCD23 issue: need to get miniDV onto PC

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by HCMissile, Feb 1, 2007.

1. HCMissile

HCMissile Member

Hello, I own a Samsung SCD23 Digital-Camcorder. I purchased it due to the fact that it had both a USB interface and miniDV video recording. With of which I can take good quality video without the expence of low resolutions for videos. However, when I connect the camcorder to my PC it so far can only interface with a single program named "VurtualDub 1.5.10", but the program can ONLY take active video and not take pre-recorded video on the miniDV. The reason being is that when i switch the camera from 'Camera' mode to 'Player' mode, it fails to idenify the camera correctly anymore in the program.

I have tried using Nero Vision but it does not except it, it simply says that there are no active devices connected.

Now I own the video editing program "Boris RED 4.0" and have yet to understand how to use it to even 1/25th of its potential. The reason being is that I can't freakin get the video from my camcorder onto my PC. Does anyone know if Boris RED can do the video capture?

Do not recommend Windows Movie Maker to me, I not only don't have it, But I don't like to use it.

Do not recommend using Firewire, my Firewire port no longer is operational since I recently swapped out my motherboard.

I have done this kind of thing before, but never with this video camera model. I do not own the other video cameras that I have previously used, and buying a new one is not an option.

What program should I use, or rather, what is the solution to my delema.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

In your post you pretty much ruled out all real decent solutions, but apparently you insist on using USB.
    In that case you will have to have at least a driver for this model. If you Google for it you will find some places where you can download it.
    Next is to just test it with the software of your choice.

3. HCMissile

HCMissile Member

well, I solved the problem, unfortunatly it does require firewire to use as the DV cable. I had to go out and purchase a PCI firewire port and a DV firewire cable, costing around 70 bucks retail.

It was a long annoying process, but it got itself done.

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

This was one of the solutions you ruled out in the first place, but is is the only decent solution.
    But $70 for a Firewire card plus cable is a rip off..
    You shouldn't have paid more than between $15 and $20