1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SCH-u620

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by napper5, Aug 26, 2007.

1. TwistedL

TwistedL Member

core2kid, could you walk me through connecting via USB? I'm on a Mac but if you're using a PC I think I may be able to "translate" from PC-talk to Mac.

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Basically what I did was install the Music Essentials kit:
    http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/
    and that installed the drivers needed for the phone. After the software was installed I rebooted just incase. I finally hooked up the phone via USB and let it install the drivers for final and let the "Find New Hardware" wizard disappear. I then checked Device manager to ensure there were no "!"s
    I then installed bitpim and while the phone was connected to USB opened the software and let it auto search for my phone.

3. bigbob201

bigbob201 Member

core2kid can u tell me how to get bitpim to recognize the cdma for the phone sch-u620

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

See the post above yours.

5. bigbob201

bigbob201 Member

ok thanks for your help

6. jtait

jtait Member

i have the u620 and followed your steps exactly and i got bitpim to recognize my phone via USB as an "other CDMA phone" but when i go to put stuff on it, all the menus, (ringotnes,calander,messages...ect) are locked out and it's like i can't manage my phone at all, yet it recognizes it. Did you have to do anything special to break that lock?

7. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

In the menu of BitPim is an option to allow writing to the file system of the phone. Enable that.

8. jtait

jtait Member

i have the option to lock any writing on the phone unlocked already, if that's what you mean.

9. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Tools -> Settings -> Uncheck Block Writing Anything To The Phone.

If you did that and it still doesn't work, then there is some other problem. What folder in the phone are you trying to write to?

10. jtait

jtait Member

how do you tell which file it's trying to write to? none of the phone info is available and i tried to connect via bluetooth and it still did the same thing. I click the file transfer (both to and from the phone) and all the options are locked out. it seems everyone else got this phone to work so i'm determined to do the same.....hopefully

11. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Don't use bluetooth, its not reliable for BitPim.
    What you're saying is that BitPim says that you are connected to the phone but when you try to view files by clicking on that + you can't see anything?

12. jtait

jtait Member

BTW, i tried an alternate method and have the ringtones working for now (drag and dropping them through the file system) but yes, i ask Bitpim to search for phones and it finds my phone via USB but when i bring up the check list to restore or add anything, every option is "grayed" out like it's not compatible for the phone or something. But i've been getting frustrated because it seems so many others have got it to work. I just ordered my USB off of Ebay, could it be i have a wrong cord, even if it's still recognizing my phone?

13. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

If the ringtones are working for now, then they'll work forever. Did you get your phone from Verizon? Can you post a screenshot of where the ringtones are supposed to go?