1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAMSUNG SCREEN TURN TO LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW TINT USING WINDOWS VISTA. NEED HELP THANKS

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kalim_wu, Feb 25, 2008.

1. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

HI.. guys ..i need help..i have samsung LCD LN-S1951W . the screen color changed to yellow tint when i switch to PC. this issue appeared when i started playing PS3. but when i Switch to TV OR DVI/game the color was normal.. it happened when i Switched to PC..i had done with theese step : right click on Desktop, and select Personalize on the contextual menu. Click on Display Settings link in the Personalization menu. In the Display Settings window, click on Advanced Settings… button. Then click on Color Management tab, and finally click on Color Management… button. i changed the default color profile for my system’s monitor to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, After adding, click Set as Default Profile button. Exit. and i had done with the system restore..but the color still yellow tint/light green..now i almost give up.. i need u guys help..coz i dunno wut to do now..any helps would be great and i really appreacited it..thanks

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Is there a reset option in the monitor control menu? I am talking about changing it with the monitor's controls, not the ones from the PC. Try looking in the menu on the monitor for a reset option.

3. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i tried open the MENU monitor and go to SETUP->PC->and appears IMAGE LOCK, POSITION,IMAGE RESET,AUTO ADJUSTMENT. so which one i will choose?

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Try image reset.

5. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

still same . the color still yellow tint even i tried image reset..any idea? thanks

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Try turning off your computer, unplugging the monitor, and unplugging the monitor video cable from the back of the computer. Leave it off for about 10 minutes, then plug the power plug back in, but not the video cable to the computer.

Turn the monitor on. It should do a self test. What do you see? I can't remember what the test is, but I think it is some image floating on the screen, with text.

At any rate, once you have done this, plug the video cable back into your computer, and boot it up. Hopefully this will fix it.

7. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

still the same
    just appeared CHECK CABLE DEVICE..but the color still yellow tint. any idea?

8. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

when the color turn to yellow tint .. i changed the color menegement advanced.. i worried if i did the wrong changed..
    WINDOWS COLOR SYSTEM DEFAULTS
    DEVICE PROFILE : SYSTEM DEFAULT(ADOBE RGB(1998)
    VIEWING CONDITIONS PROFILE: SYSTEM DEFAULT(WCS PROFILEFOR sRGB VIWING CONDITION)
    ICC RENDERING INTENT TO WCS GAMUT MAPPING:
    DEFAULT RENDERING INTENT: SYSTEM DEFAULT(PERCEPTUAL)
    PERCEPTUAL(PHOTO IMAGES): SYSTEM DEFAULT(PHOTOGRAPHY)
    RELATIVE COLORIMETRIC(LINE ART):(SYSTEM DEFAULT PROOFING-SIMULATE PAPER(MEDIA COLOR)
    BUSINESS GRAPHICS(CHART AND GRAPHS): SYSTEM DEFAULT)CHART AND GRAPHS)

color setting are stored seperately for each user. to make changes for new users and shared printers. clik change system defaults:

CHANGE SYSTEM DEFAULTS..

my questions is : is the setting on COLOR MENEGEMET ADVANCED is correct? and should i clik the CHANGE SYSTEM DAFULTS tab when i make the change/when i finished it.. any suggestion? i will appreciated it. thank you very much

9. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i tried to using another monitor and the color was normal.. that happened when i using my samsung HDTV..im going crazy plzz somebody help me .. i would be very thankfull..

10. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

I would safely say that no ammount of changing settings will damage your monitor. Trying won't do you any harm, you can only make things better if you do.

The advanced colour profile is for adding hues / tints to a screen to calibrate it for under / over exposing video cards. Some cards dont always represent colours correctly, and tubes / tft's can be just as bad to reproduce colour accurately. In the graphic design business we attach a sensor to the front of all vdu's and colour calibrate them first so the colour you see on screen is as true to the colour in real life that in can be.

I would advise changing the settings to DEFAULT to start with as that is what it should have been like when you took it out of its box the first time. Other than that try the WINDOWS COLOR SYSTEM DEFAULTS
    or ADOBE RGB(1998) formats. Adobe has a different colour gamut to the others and tries to compensate for colour differences especially in the green / cyan range.

Other than that, a true reset (as tried above) and default settings on all, and check in windows to ensure you havent installed the monitors colour balance software and that is making a difference.

Does the monitor show perfect white / hues on the ps3 still?

*** EDIT ***
    Just noticed you are using a TV as a display for your PC / PS3. I have read the manual available for it here. On pages 16-17 it also tells you about adjusting the colour balance on the TV as well. It may be them settings that are set to adjust whatever the PC sends it. You will need to make sure the "Colour Tone" option is set to normal.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  11. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i tried changed to adobe rgb(1998) and set it to system default but the color still the same..the monitor showed perfect when i using ps3..any idea? thanks

12. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Did you re-read my last post? I edited as you typed yours in. I didnt realise it was a TV. Try the advice in the edit above, and get back to me.

13. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i had download the intruction of samsung ln-s1951 as u asked but i didnt see how to adjusting the color on page 16 17..and u said set the color tone to normal.. but i didnt see color tone setting when i switch to pc..any ideas?

14. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Page 16/80 when viewed in adobe acrobat reader, but this is the 14th page printed on the paper manual.

15. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

yes .. i saw in page 16/80 but only for tv and game mode .
    In the PC mode, “Entertain”, “Internet”, “Text”, “Custom” appears.
    In the PC mode, only “Contrast” and “Brightness” can be adjusted
    the color tone i set to normal already and the color still the same..any idea? i just need the color back to normal when i switch to pc mode..

16. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Try using a different cable, you may have dislogged one of the pins leading to a colour channel not showing correctly. If your using VGA try a DVI etc.

Other than that double check the monitor has no additional settings in windows like a samsung installed video tool or something.

17. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

can i use dvi cable connect to my pc?

18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Yes, if your video card has a dvi output connection and your monitor has a dvi input connection.

Also, have you tried this monitor on another computer? Have you contacted Samsung and asked them about your problem? If not, do so. They won't get back to you for at least a month, though. I know. :(

Edit, again: I didn't see phill2000's post about that being a T.V. Get a monitor! I have the SyncMaster 245BW, and I love it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  19. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

my monitor has dvi connection but my pc dont have it ..i have HP pavilion a6030n ..i had tried with the other monitor and the color is good..this issue appears when i connect to samsung monitor and the color looks light green..but when i switched to tv mode or dvi mode the picture was great..and then i used my laptop connected to samsung monitor and the color same light green.. i can't returned it ..coz the warranty was expired ..i feels deppresed ..any suggestion would be great.. i will appreacited it thanks..

20. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

hi guys can somebody help me about samsung screen turn to yellow tint when i switched to pc mode...i will appreaciated it
    thanks