1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAMSUNG SCREEN TURN TO LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW TINT USING WINDOWS VISTA. NEED HELP THANKS

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kalim_wu, Feb 25, 2008.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If the yellow tint exists even on the "check signal cable" there's probably something wrong with the internals, so you'll have to have it replaced or repaired.

2. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i see.. so i need to fix it ..anyway thanks for the suggestion ..i appreciated it thanks..

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes, sorry I can't help more. I'd recommend replacing it with a 226BW monitor if possible, they're superb.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

To take advantage of the 226BW, he is going to have to dump the video chip and go the PCI-E route, with a new video card with DVI output.

That computer has a PCI-E x 16 slot.

Aside: The 245BW that I have has surpassed my expectations. It is a rare occasion when I see that happen to me. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  5. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i see .ok i will try repair my monitor..if they can fix it or not..so after u read wut i wrote from the 1st thread.. u sure that my monitor is broke..and need to repair right? but i just confused why my monitor work properly when i switch to game mode and tv mode..can u gave suggestion.. thanks

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, under normal circumstances I would think it's to do with the equipment connected to it (even perhaps the VGA cable, check this first) but you say if you unplug the cable, the "check signal cable" box also has the yellow tint? It's that fact that I based my diagnosis on. Those boxes should never be miscoloured.

7. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

No, the "check signal cable" box appeared normal color, is not yellow tint.. but after i switched to pc mode the yellow tint color still appeared

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah, so what you're saying is the yellow tint is only there when you're in PC mode AND the cable to the PC is connected?

9. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

you right sammorris..the yellow tint appeared when i switched to pc mode and the cable was connected..any suggestion? thanks

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Have you tried a different cable? one of the connectors may be damaged in the one you're using right now. You can get a yellow tint if the connector on the cable isn't securely attached, so one of the pins could also be loose.

11. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

i havent try but is it impossible if the cable conector is damaged but still can viewing the picture? anyway thanks for the suggestion i will try it? i have question ..does the photoshop can make the color change when i update it? because when i updated the photoshop. it seem the color changed better but still little bit yellow tint..thanks

12. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

my friend have samsung LN-S1952W he had experience like me
    since he playing X-BOX his monitor changed to yellow tint..i think this is the problem from monitor. wut do u think? thanks

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nope, since VGA is Analog, if the cable is damaged it will provide a wrong picture, not no picture at all.

14. kalim_wu

kalim_wu Member

would you mind give suggestion , what kind of vga cable do i need to buy..should i buy the same cable or not?
    im using vga cable with 15 pins on it.. any suggestion would be great .. thank you very much..

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yep, the same cable would be fine.