1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung TXS3082W screen problem (pics added)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Coty, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Coty

Coty Member

i have my dvr/cable box hooked up into the hdmi-1 slot on the tv, when i watch non-HD channels there is bars on either side of the screen about 3-4 fingers thick. when i watch hd channels these bars disappear, is there any setting i can check on hook it up a different way to have the cable full screen the whole time?

thanks guys,
    coty

2. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

ur talking aobu stretched full screen an letterbox stuff rite u should have aauto feature that u can set stations or the remote show let u crop the picture an all that

3. Coty

Coty Member

it looks like this in regular tv

[​IMG]

and i want it to look like this all the time like it does in hd

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. Coty

Coty Member

bump...

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you have Cox you can stretch the picture to fill the entire screen, but the picture will be distorted to where it's not very watchable. That's why you never get a demo at the store of what your at home cable experience will be like with your brand new widescreen HD TV. Standard Cable channels will be letterboxed on the sides and some dvds will be letterboxed on the top and bottom. Until cable technology catches up with HDTV screen size, a lot of that new screen real estate won't even be used. Cable offers few HD channels, at least Cox in my area doesn't.

If you have Cox motorola box and can't find the setting menu, respond and I'll check it for you. Don't know exact buttons off the top of my head.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007