1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung VP-D351camera to laptop

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by robbo01, May 8, 2007.

1. robbo01

robbo01 Member

Hi folks, we have a samsung vp-d351 digital camera. It has a seven pin cable which will go to my laptop. How do i get the laptop to recognise the camera and what programmes are out there to capture the video. I have downloaded a driver from the samsung web site but that is as far as i can get with it. Would appreciate some advice and i will give more info if neede, cheers robbo.

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Is this a digital camera or a camcorder?

3. robbo01

robbo01 Member

Cheers for replying, this is a digital camcorder with a tape. Hope you may be able to help, regards Rob.

4. whassup

whassup Regular member

No problem.

According to the Samsung User Guide:
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/200502/20050222085519453_D351-UK.pdf

You have a IEEE1394 (or Firewire) connection. You need to get a Firewire card if your computer doesn't have a connection already. If you buy a card, most of them come with capturing software.

You can download free trials of capturing software from Ulead (Video Studio) or Pinnacle (Studio).

Have you tried connecting the Firewire?

BTW, do NOT use the USB2.0 interface since you're going to get dropped frames.

5. robbo01

robbo01 Member

Can you give more user friendly advice about firewire, is it software or hardware, and would i still connect through the seven pin cabl? Cheers.

6. whassup

whassup Regular member

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "seven pin cable". Perhaps you should look at the user guide I posted for your camcorder? It explains a lot of the stuff.

BTW, Firewire is hardware. Something like USB.