1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Andreas

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by celtics02, Jan 29, 2007.

1. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

I have my version of san andreas backed up on my HDD but it wont load. It keep jumping back to the dashboard. Im running an evox dash and unleash x as a default dash. I can only get it to run in black and white on my unleash x dash. I have tried edting the evox.ini code and changing the regions to get it to load on my evox dash but both have not worked. Can i get an exact step by step on how to get this game to work please. I think i can get it to work but its one of those little things that i dont have set right thats stoping me. Plz step by step thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

is the game from your region? because mine plays just fine from the hard drive. You can try messing with the region settings on the dashboard, or delete the game and reinstll it to the hard drive.
    Or it is also possible that you just got a bag copy if you downloaded it.

3. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I'm having the same problem. (got another thread going on it). I tried changing the region settings have installed in on both the E: and F: drive but still nothing. It shows the "Loading" screen and after about a minute I'm back to my dash. Even when I burned a copy of it it still does the same thing. Also having this issue with The Warriors. At first I thought it was something with Rockstar Games (the developer) but I have backup everything other game I have by them (GTA3, Vice City, Max Payne 1&2, you get the idea.)

4. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

I dont think the game is from my region. My xbox is North american but it only works if i set the gameto PAL

5. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

i also downloaded some patch for it called GTA SAn Andreas Fix that contains a default.xbe in it but im not sure how to get that to work

6. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

both my game and xbox are from NA. The game is an original retail version.

7. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

I think it has something to do with the default.xbe file. maby if i can get a default.xbe with the same region of my xbox it mite work.

8. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

pm me with your e-mail and I can send you a copy of my default.xbe if you want

9. steimy

steimy Active member

i do not think stickingh an NTSC default.xbe file in a PAL game is going to fix anything.
    celtics02, i am going to PM you a link where you can get the game.

10. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

Hey Celtics glad to hear my file worked for ya hopefully this helps other people too. Although I'm still having an issue backing up my own version lol