1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa e250 playlist help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by PCSqu33z3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. stesergio

stesergio Member

I noticed that if I open my Sansa in My Computer when it is connected to my PC and right click on a song there is an option that says create playlist which creates a new play list with that song in it. But how can I add new songs to an existing playlist? The "create playlist" right click option makes a new playlist each time.

2. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Take a look at this same thread but on page 3. Starting with the post on 5. April 2007 @ 21:50 until the post on 22. May 2007. It explains how to make custom playlists using windows media player and also if you are having problems creating playlists from songs in your MicroSD card (if you have one). You can also use the script provided a few posts before that if you don't want to use windows media player.

The other option is to use the Sansa Manager program. Check the post right before yours. You can download the Sansa Manager here. It is a very handy application for your Sansa. Check it out.

3. wongdong

wongdong Member

I posted the link to my program to make playlists several times in this forum, but here it comes again :)
    http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/Staff/cp/playlist_creator.zip

It makes playlsits for the folder structure on your palyer. One click thats it. Try it and if you need some special stuff, like rename ID3 tags etc. use the playlist manager.

cheers, Christian

4. Kadover

Kadover Member

Well, thanks a ton wongdong for that program, it's been awesome. However, I have a question. I would like to create a playlist that incorporates many different artists, and tried to copy the exact formatting of the playlists created with your program. So I:

1)Made a new .pla file, added the lines 'PLP PLAYLIST' and 'VERSION 1.20'
    2)Hit enter twice
    3)Coppied the location of a file IE: 'HARP, MUSIC\ACDC\Unknown Album\ACDC - Highway to hell.mp3'
    4)Copied many other locations in the same format(new line for each location)
    5)Saved.
    6)Disconected and allowed the database to refresh

However, now, when I go to look at the playlists, the one I just created is not there, only the ones made by your program and the standard 'Go List'.

Any ideas why this is happening, and more importantly, how to fix it?
    Thanks, Mike

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  5. arch85

arch85 Member

Hi Mike -- aka kadover :)

You can't just use a regular notepad to edit the .pla files like initially I thought you could. If you open Christian's .pla file in a hex editor, you'll notice that after EVERY CHARACTER there is a 'null' value ...

I'm not sure what programs you use but from all the threads and stuff that I've come across so far, your options for creating a playlist for the sansas are:

1) Use Christian's awesome program -- it'll create playlist(s) based on your folder structure
    2) Use my scripts/application if you use iTunes and want to import your iTunes playlists on to your sansa.

Please refer above for a link to the program written by Christian, the link to my scripts/application is: http://www.ridesforall.com/archit/sansaitunes

Hope this helps you out!!

Regards,

Archit

P.S.: My Scripts work with the e-series ONLY! So Sansa e-xxx

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  6. Kadover

Kadover Member

Thats too bad. I'd rather not be using iTunes, bad experiences, long story, but I have been using Christian's program a lot lately. Is it at all possible to create a script that does what I'm looking for, taking individual files from different artists and adding them to a single playlist?

7. arch85

arch85 Member

I haven't used Christian's program in a long time so not sure exactly how that would work, however try this:

Create a new folder, and copy ALL THE SONGS you want to sync in there -- no sub folders; run Christians script. I THINK that would work ...

The only thing is that if you want to have the same song in multiple playlists, you'd have to copy the song multiple times ... (i believe..)

8. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

Have you tried this: Sansa Manager
    I think it might just be what you want.

9. Chelsmv

Chelsmv Member

I just got this player a month or so ago, and it's driving me nuts. My music originally was in itunes and I had to switch when I got this player, but WMP wouldn't find all my music, so I'm using RealPlayer (itunes was much easier to use). Then I realized playlists don't download as easily as it would seem they would and found this forum and have tried both the programs suggested. I don't know if I'm not doing it correctly, but when I use Christians it runs but then says no music found. Is it only to be used with the mediacard? And I also tried the itunes program, but for some reason had trouble with that as well. There were a few other things that have been suggested, but as I'm not really a computer person it sounds a little complicated to me. I'll try again, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to give. I'm not real tech saavy, so I don't want to sound like a fool, but I'd appreciate some help cause I'm getting so frustrated!

Thanks,
    Chelsea

10. arch85

arch85 Member

Hi Chelsea,

Please e-mail me at archit.agarwal[at]gmail.com with the error message you are receiving when you try the iTunes scripts.

I might be able to help you resolve the problem.

Regards,

Archit

11. Chelsmv

Chelsmv Member

Archit,
    I don't know what I did differently...I think just updated everything, but the program works and it's wonderful! Thank you so much for making this player and playlists work with itunes!

Chelsea

12. dchase12

dchase12 Member

alright this is gonna sound stupid but i dont care. i have used rhapsody, realplayer, and windows media player, and none worked for me. all i wanna know is how to make a playlist! i've read all your forums, but none worked for me. i want to go to my sansa e250, go to playlist, and see my playlist (NOT THE GO LIST) and another thing i wanna know how to get rid of the songs that come with the mp3 i dont like them

13. wongdong

wongdong Member

None worked? did you try my program? The link is somewhere in this thread...

If it doesn't work please tell me why.

14. wla2000

wla2000 Member

15. arch85

arch85 Member

what're you using? a mac or a pc?

the chance that none of the programs is working is really slim -- did you make sure you changed the mode of your player to MSC mode?

You can do that by going into: Settings > USB Mode >

If you have the Rhapsody version of the player, then I believe the Rhapsody mode is equivalent to MSC mode and Play-for-sure mode is equivalent to MTP mode.

If you have the regular version, you should see MSC or MTP.

Put your player in MSC Mode, and give either Christian's or my program a whirl; my program works with iTunes only.

shoot me a mail if you need help -- http://www.ridesforall.com/archit/sansaitunes/

You might find the directions under "run on pc" and "run on mac" helpful. I would read through both, regardless of whether you've a mac or a pc.

any info is good info :)

16. dchase12

dchase12 Member

Well all of my programs dont work for different reasons. When i open Rhapsody it has a music guide that pops up and the top of it is covered so i cant close it! so rhapsody is useless. realplayer has a mind of its own and deletes my playlist with my songs in it. according to realplayer i have no songs in MP3, which isnt true. windows media player doesnt work because for some reaosn you can only listen to the songs not put them on your MP3 or anything like that. and yes i switched to MTP mode, and still nothing. and lastly i dont know how to tell if i have a mac or pc (i know im stupid) but i think its a pc. my computer says dell so....

17. arch85

arch85 Member

sorry bout the delay --

you've a pc

--

ok, just to be sure, you need to put it in "MSC" mode, not "MTP" mode.

And try using iTunes as that is the only program I can help you out with as that's all I use.

Regards,

Archit

18. SURFThru

SURFThru Member

Chritian,

I downloaded your program and installed it on my e280. Once I select a playlist any song shows up as "bad track" but if I play the song directly (not from a playlist) it works. Did you ever hear about this issue?

Thanks,
    Patrick

19. SURFThru

SURFThru Member

20. dchase12

dchase12 Member

i want to get rid of ALL of my songs on my sansa
    how?