1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa e250 playlist help

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by PCSqu33z3, Aug 11, 2006.

1. arch85

arch85 Member

2. wla2000

wla2000 Member

Connect it to the USB port on your computer. Right click on the device in My Computer, then choose format. That should do it. (Be sure you don't right-click on something else, like your C: drive!)

3. coolndown

coolndown Member

you can also get the sansa media converter for the sansa website

4. footbsmrt

footbsmrt Member

it's been a while since I had my e250 and just recently i was formating my mp3, and the laptop ran out of battery so it shut down, I powered my mp3 to make sure it was working, and it booted up fine, but it said "Not enough space for music DB. Please free 6MB" then i tried to plug it into the computer, and when it connected, it started doing this weird matrix thing. now every time i boot it up it says that phrase, and every time i plug it into the computer it dose the matrix thing. Someone please help me.

5. arch85

arch85 Member

try to format it again if you can ...

6. footbsmrt

footbsmrt Member

i've tried but when i plug it into the computer it does show up. Someone also suggested this to me on a different forums,

Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or press the Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to save the file to your Desktop.

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/Downl...

Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.

1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.

2) Turn the player off.

3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.

4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.

5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.

6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.

7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.

but when i tired it it said, ERROR! Application failed to read the version details

please help

7. arch85

arch85 Member

did they tell u which mode to put your player in when running this stuff? You can try using different modes (MSC and MTP) ...

only other thing I can think of is viewing and editing partitions using the advanced view in windows .. i don't exactly remember how to get there (using a mac) ..

I think it was in classic view of Control panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management or something like that.

There, once you connect your player in MSC mode, you should be able to see and format your player easily ...

8. footbsmrt

footbsmrt Member

o i kno what ur talkin about, but the computer makes noise as the usb connects w/ the mp3, but it doesn't show up on the computer.

9. truehaven

truehaven Regular member

ok, i dont know if i should post this here, but i need imideat help with my sanza!!! i downloaded a bunch of music and put it on my sanza (ive downloaded already onto it in the past) and then when i disconnected it, the WHOLE list of artist were jumbled up and inside every folder all it said was <unknown>... so i plugged it back into the computer but all of my music was there in the correct folder. i unplug it and now it was it is still connected to the computer and i can turn it off.... HELP ME PLEASE ASAP!!! thanks

10. naggis

naggis Member

Truehaven. Sounds much like the prob I had when first downloading music. If you look through this thread you will find loads of useful information. I sorted it by connecting my e250 to the pc (xp) and creating a number of new folders in the MUSIC folder on the e250 - using Windows Explorer. Then drag and drop music files as you want into these new folders. The the trick is to use the great bit of software written by Wongdong (see page 3 of this thread). If you download it, unRAR, and copy the .exe to the e250 (as the readme file says)then open the software, a click is all it needs to make new playlists. What a great bit of software!!
    You may want to format the player before you start to ensure that what is on there now doesn't cause any problems. There is a procedure for doing this on this thread. Essentially you go to "My Computer", find the player and click "Format". This does not delete the firmware so the player still works ok. There are some notes that a firmware update is a good thing to do. I didn't and all works well.
    I found a way to get a "Sleep" function from the player. Create a playlist with only enough tracks to play for the time you wish. Make sure that "replay" is not activated and set the "Automatic switch off" to 5 minutes. The player will stop when all the tracks have been played. After a further 5 minutes of inactivity the player will switch itself off.
    Has anyone any better way of getting a "Sleep" function?
    Finally I would like to say how useful this thread has been in helping me to sort the player. You would expect the makers to give enough info to allow you to run the player properly, wouldn't you? Thanks to all the contributors - together you seemed to know more than the makers.

11. truehaven

truehaven Regular member

thanks for the info, but i just copyed and pasted all of my music on my sanza to my desktop and then reformatted it and then draggen it over again so its all good now

12. NonNon

NonNon Member

Hey can anyone help? Just recently my Sansa has been acting a little wierd. I looked around but I can't find the solution to this problem. When I turn it on, it lingers in the load screen longer than usual, then would just turn off. A lot of the times when I actually do get it to turn on, after a certain amount of time it would just go "GOODBYE" then turn off. While typing this message, it just turned on on its own then off again a second later. It's been like this for a few days now.. can anyone help me?

13. NonNon

NonNon Member

And now I guess I haven't noticed it before, but it does turn on then off on its own quite a lot. It's been doing this every few minutes now...

14. NonNon

NonNon Member

Opps its actually an e260.

15. arch85

arch85 Member

try to format it ...

16. Cerebus11

Cerebus11 Member

I tried to follow the advice listed here and format my device through my computer. After several minutes of "formatting" a message popped up saying it was unable to format the device. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this problem?

17. arch85

arch85 Member

Can you please confirm that you tried to format in MSC mode?

Also can you check if the drive is set as Read-only? (right click properties) -- it is NOT supposed to be set a read-only.

18. Cerebus11

Cerebus11 Member

Yeah!!!! It worked this time. Thanks so much for your advice. My MP3 player is downloading songs from Rhasody as I type this. :)

19. harnettr

harnettr Member

MY SOLUTION - March 2008
    After many hours this is the playlist solution that worked for me.
    Download this playlist creating and transferring software created by someone helpful called Sanse Playlister.
    http://hcware.110mb.com/sansa/
    Then build a playlist in Winamp 5.5. (You can build a playlist in the Sanse Playlister but Winamp is good for sorting through music and building a playlist.)
    Save your Winamp playlist on your desktop. Open Sanse Playlister, drag your playlist from your desktop to Sanse Playlister and it will convert it and transfer it. Now my Sansa e250 can actually see the MSC mode playlist and I can play it.

Robin

20. wongdong

wongdong Member

Concerning Playlists for e200 series Version 2! :

My playlist creator for the sansa e200 series seems to cease working for version 2 of this player (e.g. e260v2). Archy, do you have an idea what changed compared to the previous version? Since i receive a lot of requests for my proggy, i am thinking about adopting it to verson 2.

Cheers, Christian