1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa e250 Video Conversion

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by rclns67, Jun 12, 2006.

1. ehharley1

ehharley1 Member

SanDisk came out with a MediaConverter vs.2 COnvert your DVD into a single .MP4 file using CLoneMobileDVD. leave the player in USB mode and import the file convert and go. it breaks the movie into 4 parts and takes up about 800mb, but it plays, the audio is in perfect sync, and with the way it fastforwards, you want the breaks in there for jump-to chapters anyway. good luck

2. eottjake

eottjake Member

I just got the e250 and am trying to transfer some videos, but the media converter won't recognize that the player is connected to the computer....i dont know what to do. any help?

3. CO_Strum

CO_Strum Member

Alright, I got a new e250 for Christmas, and I'm having a slight problem.

I can add music fine, I can add small movies fine. However, the movie can't be anything over 100MB, and so far, nothing but .MOVs will be converted. I've tried AVIs, MPGs, MOVs, all kinds, but nothing's getting on the player.

And the few movie files I can transfer have a serious problem on the framerate, like its skipping every other frame or something.

I loaded a movie I made in Lightwave, as a 30 fps .MOV file; I changed the settings in my .apr file so that it should've played it smoothly; but the thing skipped real bad.

Any advice?

4. CO_Strum

CO_Strum Member

Also, does anyone know where one can find this Sansa Media Converter 2? Me and my dad have looked, and nothing.

5. mkrsf

mkrsf Member

hi co_strum
    i had problems with my sansa regarding videos a few days ago.
    sansa has an automatic updater of its firmware. i just hooked it up & downloaded updates... then i tried CloneDVDmobile (just search it in the web, it has a sheep in a pilot headgear for an icon)
    it's great! now the audio synchs with the video. i tried converting constantine & that 70's show. it was 100% improvement.
    hope it helps!

6. CO_Strum

CO_Strum Member

@mkrsf

what settings did you use when you used CloneDVDMobile? like the where to copy/etc?

7. mkrsf

mkrsf Member

you know what? i dont know what's wrong with my sansa now. for no apparent reason, sansa media converter can't read my sansa! even after i re-installed everything, from pc to sansa...

anyways, i used the settings for the ipod video.this one worked perfectly. i also tried k750i/k800 settings, but i didn't get to upload this.

8. jetx16

jetx16 Guest

is there a way from keeping the sansa from automatically synchronizing with the computer, there are some albums that arent mine that it always tries to add even after i disabled the option

9. dream4luv

dream4luv Member

This isn't really about video conversion, but my sansa e250 is having this problem where I can't add any music whatsoever to it. I tried formatting it and it won't complete the format because there's this folder on it with really strange contents with around nine folders in it titled with one letter of the alphabet. I don't know what to do. Has anyone experienced this? Please help me!

10. jetx16

jetx16 Guest

dream4luv,
    what is the name of the folder with the strange contents in it? i checked my sansa and it has no such file, i would delete it and see what happens (i might also back it up in case something goes wrong)
    i was able to format my sansa e280 by going under my computer and double clicking the mp3 player and then right click "PPI NAND" and selecting format

my problem,
    my sansa charge, at first the screen displayed some lines when i took out the headphones, after that it was stuck there for a while and went to the black screen saying "battery is too low system shutdown", i plugged it into the computer and left let it charge for 2 hours, the battery on the screen says its full so it wont charge but when i unplug it i get the battery low screen again

11. dream4luv

dream4luv Member

Actually, the folder with strange contents was a folder that I made titled "Random" for miscellaneous music and one day I opened it, and only a few of the files I put in it before were still there. Then there were a bunch of other folders with nothing in them...it kind of loops, like, when I click on it, it'll take me to a folder labeled "random" and when I click on that, it'll open the folder with the same folders as before. I formatted my sansa but it won't format that one folder since all the other stuff I had in it is gone.

12. Tsukumori

Tsukumori Member

Well I got this defice from a friend of mine and he never gave me the disc or anything so i only have the charger and the sansa itself. is there still anyway i can convert vids to my sansa?

13. Tsukumori

Tsukumori Member

Well I got this device from a friend of mine and he never gave me the disc or anything so i only have the charger and the sansa itself. is there still anyway i can convert vidoes to my sansa?

14. fridosa

fridosa Member

Can somebody out there help me please. I have just bought a Sansa e260 mp3 player. When I convert video files using the accompany Sansa media converter the video plays well on my computer and on the mp3 player but the sound is distorted/skip/jumping continuously throughout the file. What should i do? I have reinstall the software many times still the same problem.

15. pcam22

pcam22 Guest

Hello I have a sanso 200 4gig I would like to know how can I take moveis that I have burned and place it on my sansa to watch...

16. Jacy90

Jacy90 Member

I have another problem with the conversion.
    It worked fine before. Than I switched the My Documents file to another harddrive. That's when it stopped working. Now, I switched back and I'm going to reinstall again.

The problem is that with files over 280, it reaches 28% then stops converting for some reason. It's always that number. Anyone with some experience who can shed light on this problem?

17. ThankYuu

ThankYuu Member

I just wanted to take the time to register and thank Vomitscab, Sracer, and Vidiot250. Thanks alot guys, you really helped me out! Saved me alot of time, the videos dont split anymore and they play properly, they aren't out of synch or anything. Thanks again!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  18. adhesive

adhesive Member

Does anyone know how to get clips from youtube or google video onto the Sansa? I have been attempting it by saving the clips as .flv files via the tubesaver website, and then I use magic converter to convert the files to something like an .mov that the sansa media converter program will recognize. Everything goes well during transfer, but when I play the file on my sansa, the audio plays but the screen in black. The files play find on my computer, but won't play on the sansa correctly. Any ideas how to get around this?

19. adhesive

adhesive Member

Well I figure out how to get youtube and google videos to work correctly; you have to use Ares Tubeto save the clips as .mp4's rather than .flv's, then the Sansa Media COnverter will correctly convert the file and trasnfer it to your sansa.

20. BLAHasdf

BLAHasdf Member

hey everyone
    this thread has really helped me understand the video conversion on my sansa e250. But i have another question(and im afraid the solution is super-obvious) but i cant seem to figure out how to remove pictures that i've converted onto my sansa.
    help me pleeease!