1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa E250 with 2GB microsd impressions

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by jhm783, Mar 31, 2007.

1. jhm783

jhm783 Member

So, I got a 2GB Sansa microsd for my new E250. I had it in mind to put most of my MP3s on the microsd card to save room for videos in the main memory, since I read that videos and pictures will run only out of the main memory. The problem is that with a sd card present, on bootup the E250 must do a "Refresh Database" of the sd card I presume. With 1.6GB of MP3s on the sd card this refresh takes upward of 1 minute to perform. That is an extremely long boot up. This doesn't happen if the MP3s are in the main memory. A bit disappointing, but I can't get large videos to work anyway, even after taking everyone's advice in the E250 video thread.
    Anyway, those are my thoughts.

2. deeseetoo

deeseetoo Member

I just bought a 1gb micro SD for the player, did you have a seperate card reader to put songs on the micro SD or could you do it the same as uploading songs to the e250?

Also, do playlists using songs from the micro SD work?

3. jhm783

jhm783 Member

I do not have a seperate card reader, so I uploaded them.

I don't use playlists so I couldn't tell you.

4. Squirt007

Squirt007 Member

I also got a 2GB MicroSD card for my e250R and it is totally full. It is a bit disappointing that the boot time takes so long. In my case it takes 25 seconds after pressing the power button until I see the colored screen saying "refreshing database" and then it takes another 25 seconds until it is ready to go.

What do you mean it won't play large videos? How large? Where are they located?

5. jhm783

jhm783 Member

By large videos, I meant full length movies. If you read the "Sansa e250 video conversion thread", you'll see the trouble people have had with converting videos. However, using Nero Recode, I converted a DVD movie to MP4(Nero digital) then converted that using Sansa Media Converter which splits the movie up into 10 minute chunks. They played although the audio sync was off. There are some suggestions for that in the conversion thread.
    I'm not convinced that watching a full length movie on a 1.8" screen is something I want to do, though.