1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansa E280 error.

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by whatatool, Jan 17, 2007.

1. whatatool

whatatool Member

I performed a firmware upgrade and now my player won't start. It starts to boot then displays "Load main image failed Switch to Recovery mode" I can turn it on and off, but the error reappears. The USB won't connect to my PC. Please help.

2. ochssk

ochssk Member

I believe there is a way to reset the unit. Check the manual or user support on line. I remember another forum talking about pushing the power button for a very long time...

3. whatatool

whatatool Member

I've done everything I found on the message boards to restart it. I have managed to restart it in Recovery Mode. I've reformatted it, and tried to reload the firmware (both manually and using the Firmware Downloader). It acts like it's taking the download, but after restarting it comes back to the same error message. The drive is totally blank except for one file. It's the text file that normally contains the firmware version number (I forgot what its called). The file opens, but is blank.
    I've written to Sansa Support but they haven't replied.

4. ochssk

ochssk Member

5. whatatool

whatatool Member

Thanks, when no one responded to my post here I was on anythingbutipod all last week. I followed all the tips in the Sticky on the Sansa forum. There is a lot of discussion about how their (Sansa's)firmware updates are buggy. I don't think any one has had exactly the same issue I've had.
    After a week with no reply from Sansa, I'm returning my player. It's a shame too, I really liked it while it worked.

6. bammccaw

bammccaw Member

hey how do u restart it cuz mine looks really funny on the screen and i tried to turn it off and it didnt work

7. whatatool

whatatool Member