1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Receiver recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jassie78, Sep 7, 2011.

1. jassie78

jassie78 Member

Can anybody advise me on what satelite receiver to buy with the most supported i.e firmware. Ive searched on the internet for different types of receivers and I cant find much information on how to install firmware, download CCCams and uploading channel lists into favs.

The only one that I think is the most supported is dreambox. Can someone confirm if the dreambox 800 can record channels while you watch other channels? My friend said you cant also if you can pause live TV. I setup a dreambox 500 for parents last night and I successfully flashed, download cccam, uploaded channel list and uploaded CCcam.cfg successfully with easy.

Im after a receiver where I can record and watch other channels but I dont require HD receive as I dont have a HD TV.

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

to do what you ask requires a twin tuner solution, one tuner to watch while the other tuner records. as far as i'm aware the dm7025 has this capability. the dm800 can be made to be dual tuner by sticking a usb tuner in the back of it. however it is a hd box and is expensive and the usb tuner is also expensive.