1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sata hdd in xbox????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by lilgchild, Mar 24, 2010.

1. lilgchild

lilgchild Member

i have read up and have done alot of research on this subject and i came to the conclusion i needed to upgrade my hdd in my xbox due to excessive amounts of games and media on it! now i bought a 1TB sata hdd and an IDE to SATA converter! everything worked up until i put it in the xbox! i tried the converter in my pc so i know that the converter works and the hdm says everything installed correctly!my xbox is soft modded with SID4! i was thinking that the I may have got a converter that is not compatible? is that possible? this is the converter i bought...... http://cgi.ebay.com/2-5-3-5-Drive-S...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca8a71ca3

Also i was getting a few different error codes including error 7, error 13, error 16, or error 21. my 320 still works perfect!

maybe somebody has a suggestion?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Drive is too big, you need to reformat it into 32k clusters!

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

That may not work chunkhead i'm having similar issues with a hardmod on a v1.6,the v1.4 worked fine once i figured out a few things inside c,however the v1.6 will not boot to dash without me using the dvd of AID & selecting the .xbe in file manage,however a small hdd under 500gb IDE will work as it should the only difference i can fathom is the sata hdd & the xbox not quite getting along,not even x-wizard install disc is any good,i'm attempting to get the thing working as i type,only other option is to try a 750 & see how that goes,right now i'm think'n compatability issues with model of hdd,i've also to try transferring files from the 400gb that was originally in there & see if that will work later on,but right now a fresh install on a sammy 1.5 is not looking good grrrrrrrrr

Chunkhead:
    you replied to a poster in another thread ummm he had an xbox with no hdd & it had a coreduo chip,how come you mentioned slayers & not AID,does one work better with core duo's or somth'n

EDIT: FFS it just made a liar of me now it's booting,what a load of bull this is wasn't booting now it does...lol..i'll see over the next few hours as i reboot the machine if i'm not mistaken there is a communication issue between hdd,adaptor & the xbox although this is assumption

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010