1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sata set-up for Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI solved

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by karatone, Feb 9, 2005.

1. karatone

karatone Regular member

I see i wasn't the only one having a problem setting this board up. Here's how I got mine set-up when the board asks to F10 to set up a raid press F10 you should now be able to see your drive in the lower left box,now choose "spanning" select your drive from the left side window ,use the right side arrow to select it ibto the right side box,leave the default to "optimal" then "enter" then you need to go through the set =up install again pressing F6 to add the "raid and mass storage drivers" after that i was able to complete my OS/XP Pro install without problem,hope this helps

2. karatone

karatone Regular member

added tips :Be sure to read the manual on Raid set-up and you should be able to follow the steps i described above,be aware that F10 sets up the Raid for the on board Nvidia Sata controller that connects to the yellow Sata inputs,if you press the other option i think it was "control F4" it will set up the Silicon SataII controller that use the Red inputs, I chose the Nvidia controller and it worked fine for me , you may want to try the other Silicon Controller I can't confirm that it will work being that I chose the native Nvidia controller,just be sure you enter the correct drivers from the install CD to correspond to the controller you want.After setting up the F10 Raid my single Hard drive is now being seen and the MB bios will now give you another "boot option" I wouldn't have thought that the raid set-up would would work when using a single Sata hard drive but for some reason it's the only way i've found to get the Sata drive recognized by the bios and the OS/XP Pro. I now Hope this helps!

3. DanSG

DanSG Member

Man, im from spain and i just register only to post this. I spend 1 entire day trying diferents "howto" trying ALL as i know.
    Thank you for this simply easy and efective "howto".
    Really thank you.