1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite advice

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Sjbpa1, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Hi guys,

Got a KV at the moment and never used the sat route yet. Because of KV unreliability thinking of getting a a Blade 7000 HD and just had a few questions, already done a lot of research reading other posts and the tutorials on the site. Currently got a s*y dish, am i right in thinking that all i need to do is get a dual LNB connect it to the dish then wire the new box, ethernet cable and get a cline? How difficult is it to install a new LNB?

2. e45

e45 Regular member

KV unreliability lol the box has been working fine for mts m8 was only down for a couple of weeks, so could not really say its unreliable, same could happen to your sat box, not impossible, its a risk you take regardless of what way you go unless you pay virgin or sky.

3. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

you do not need a dual lnb unless you want to run two sat boxes or dual tuner box.with the blade you only need a single feed from the sky sat dish then get yourself a cline and hook the box to a router as you do with kv and thats it.

4. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Unreliable was just poor choice of words on my part, not trying to complain about kv service I know we're fortunate it was only off for two weeks or so. All I meant is that cable boxes are unlikely to run how they used to before n3, which you yourself have pointed out to me when I was having a few problems. I know at the moment at least sat boxes seem to be working well and thought it would be a good option for me to try. I'm also aware whatever route is chosen there is always a risk one day it won't work, but that's a risk we choose to take.

5. Sjbpa1

Sjbpa1 Member

Sorry about the late reply, appreciate the response. Ill need a dual lnb as im looking to connect two boxes. Is it right that any dual lnb should work? Is there any recommended one?

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

be aware sat route is in its final months. any basic reading would have shown it up. just get a valid subscription and be happy

7. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

so how likely is this, that card sharing will be coming to an end soon, due to this pending law change in australia by sky/rupert murdoch, is this true?

and is this what your referring to fintanni?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  8. chriskeno

chriskeno Member

Or i hope its not coming to an end i have just bought a sub!!!

9. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

even if it did com to an end, i dont think its in the near future, its long way away, and people are already ready and expecting this change if it did happen

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

if you follow the foxtel changes you will see that not only is it not possible to share a card, it is not even possible to use the card outside its original receiver. the oscam support team have declared that if someone can break the decryption they will integrate it within oscam. to date none have managed to do this and thats a worry considering how many months have passed since all this started. no more than n3 encryption, when the counter-measures start the whole things closes down very quickly. sadly these big public servers have killed the game for others.

11. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

lets hope som1 breaks the decryption code then, otherwise all sat users will be history and these excellent sat boxes for example blade HD will be useless.

i been to afew aussie forums and they all say its not looking good, and they claim even oscam is not able to clear the channels.

that could be the reason why some card sharing companies are offfering half price/special offer subs, and there are afew who are doing it.

I wonder if the foxtel change will affect SV & KV? any1 know?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011