1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite Meter

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Hubabubas, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Is it possible to load meter in order to get encrypted chan, whilst setting the dish?
    The meter is a WS-6906, i can get the FTA when setting the dish on the Meter

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

meter is only used to gain strongest signal.nothing to do with encrypted channels.

3. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

cactikid,

I'm aware of the use of the meter, but my question is, if I can visualy get the chann's like bbci bbc2 etc, is it possible to get a visual on sly and so on?

At one stage a few years back, when i was using a Baby monitor, I was able to to pick up chann's, it worked more like a transmitter when it was pluged into the tv, strange as it may seem.

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

any sat box will pick them up with scan but they will be encrypted,unless you do a card share you wont view them.bbc1 etc are broadcast in the clear.not 100% sure what you are asking m8

5. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

cactikid

Basicaly, if it's possible to change an STB to receive encrypted channl's can a meter be upgraded to receive same, by using some software,thanks.