1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Save Image File"? Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Kelowna03, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Kelowna03

Kelowna03 Member

Hi guys,

I have installed nero 7 premium on my machine in order to burn data DVD's. Generally, Nero express is the one that create data DVD's, so after adding files to the dics, I click the "next" button. The next window that appears says " Final burn settings". In this window you cannot do much except to rename the dics and then you press "Burn" button. As soon as I press it, I see a new window saying " Save Image File". I don't have any clue how to handle that. But if any of you know, I will appreciate if you share your knowledge with me. I am attaching the window that says " Save Image File" just to make it simpler for you guys.

Thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

On that Final Burn Settings window, find the "Current Recorder" menu. Change that from Image Recorder to your DVD burner.

3. Kelowna03

Kelowna03 Member

Thanks man for your help ! However, I am still not done. Ok after selecting the physical drive , when I start to burn the DVD, my DVD ROM ejects and the message shows that "please insert the dics to write" even though there is dics on the drive. Please let me know, if you know what I mean.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well..... A DVD-ROM is a read only device as far as DVD goes... Is it a burner?

5. Kelowna03

Kelowna03 Member

hey sorry man, i meant DVD burner ! The dics that I am using is Maxell DVD-R and it is completely empty. Yes, in past I have been successfully burned these kinds of dics with other burner. However, I have tried two burners to burn dics but I kept on getting error messeges. Also, I am dead sure that there is nothing wrong with the burners. I don't know, may be I have some kind of problems with Nero's settings ??? Again thanks for your help

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Because you just installed Nero 7 it may be set for CDs rather than DVDs.

Open StartSmart.
    At the top center of the StartSmart window is the media select menu. Make sure it says DVD and not CD.

If you did not change it then the default is still CD. This would cause Nero to tell your drive to expect a CD instead of a DVD.

You should check and see if Windows Explorer sees the drive.

7. Kelowna03

Kelowna03 Member

Fasfrank I have figured out the problem ! Actually, my burner was not reconizing the disc due to some unknown reason. I have heard if I download the firmware for the burner, my burner will be able to burn the DVD. Is it right ?

8. a206600

a206600 Member

kelo updating the firmware could help if that dosent fix it it may just be a bad pack of discs i had the same problem swore by some circuit city brand for a long time then one day bam 25 bad discs whole pack useless remember always keep your reciepts

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That's kinda rare actually. Usually firmware just helps the drive write to the media by providing specific "write strategies" for specific media.
    If your media brand/type is "not on the list" then the burner will use a generic write strategy which works most of the time, maybe not as efficiently but generally should be OK.

All that being said updating firmware is a good idea. Along with trying some different media. a206600 is right about that.