1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saved an Xbox360 from the BIN, now what?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by SuperTed, Nov 30, 2010.

1. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

Hey dudes,

Last saturday I took home a busted xbox (rrod) from work.
    The case was used for something else, which left me with the internals of a 360 which wasn't working.....

So after a while (less than an hour) I just couldn't resist the fact that the 360's internals were on my desk doing nothing, and I decided to try and fix it!
    I connected it to my tv, connected the power and turned it on... RROD and no picture!
    Turned it off, took out the AV-cable, on again...4 red leds blinking and after a while 3 (rrod again)...turned it off.

After that I took it appart, cleaned everything, new cooling-paste on CPU & GPU, cleaned every connector on the board (USB-ports, hdd port, av port, etc.) and put it back together (as far as internals go).
    Hooked it up to the tv again, and powered the device...again rrod!!
    After that I just left it running for a while (about 5 minutes) with the blinking rrod and no picture on screen, turned it off, tried to notch the screws on the cpu-cooler a bit more and powered it again..........GREEN LEDS!!!

1...2..3...4..all 4 leds at the same time, and the xbox actually booting up!!
    As soon as I could I grabbed a wireless stick from my other xbox an paired it.
    All weekend I have played Kameo on the repaired internals of an xbox. Even attached my HDD to it so I could save my progress on Kameo. Works like a charm!!

So uhm now I have an xbox with no case...what's next....FIRMWARE MOD!!
    As far as I could test I did it just right, now the LT firmware should be on there, but since I don;t have a burned xbox game I can't test it.
    Now I read someting about SplitVid in games...What's that?

2. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

3. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

well dudes....just tried burning a game.
    It works!! I have played a perfect backup of Fifa 2011.
    Now when someone comes over to play, I'll put in my backup :D