1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saving applications onto cd-wr

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Sherry101, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Sherry101

Sherry101 Guest

okay...my hard drive is full, so i want to remove some applications from my hard drive that i don't use often and write them onto a cd-wr. For instance, i want to take sony's openMG jukebox and zip it, then write it onto a cd, then delete it off of my hard drive. i've been asking so many people if this is a good idea or not, but i haven't been getting any good answers...can someone guide me please? Thank you

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I do that myself although I don't get anywhere near filling up my hard drive. It seems to work fine for me.
    I right-click on the application that I want to save, move the cursor down to 'send to' and then select the drive that the cd-rw is in. When I've done that with all my applications, I go into 'my computer' double-click on the cd-rw drive and then it asks me if I want to burn the selected items to the cd. Which of course I do. When thats finished, I make sure that the files have been burned and then delete them off my hard drive.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

~~Sherry101

What you want to do is exactely what CD-RW are for -- that is store data that you want to recuperate , edit or replace or delete later -- :

To be able to do this , you need software that will sit in the background and allowed you to right click an item and send it to that CD-RW.

If you are presently using Roxio -- the software is called DirectCD.

If you are using Nero -- the software is called InCd .

Regards !