1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving games to your XBOX hardrive?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by HaryKewel, Oct 1, 2004.

1. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

I'm going to have to start by saying i have no idea what i'm talking about because what i am about to ask may be completely non existent as i'm not sure if this is even possible. I have heard about a type of mod chip that allows the user to save their own games on to their xbox hard drive, rather than have to fiddle around with backing up their games, etc. If anyone could provide any sort of clarity on this issue i would appreciate it,

Thanks.

2. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

I'm going to have to start by saying i have no idea what i'm talking about because what i am about to ask may be completely non existent as i'm not sure if this is even possible. I have heard about a type of mod chip that allows the user to save their own games on to their xbox hard drive, rather than have to fiddle around with backing up their games, etc. If anyone could provide any sort of clarity on this issue i would appreciate it,

Thanks.

3. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

Thanks.

4. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

I'm really sorry,
    don't know how or why it posted so many times.

5. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Yes, you can dump games onto your hard drive, you can even install a new, larger hard drive into your box. And no, you don't need a specific mod chip to be able to do so, whoever told you that is probably trying to screw you into paying more for one that they will install for you. Just about any mod chip will do the trick to my knowledge. I don't have enough time to fully say how to, but there are oodles of tutorials about on the internet, but basically you want to get a modchip, install a bios (like EvolutionX M8), install a dashboard (like the EvolutionX Dashboard) and then install a program such as XBox Media Centre to allow you to manipulate files. All the instructions to do so should be easily googleable. Hope that helps somewhat.

6. HaryKewel

HaryKewel Member

it does, thanks.

7. xJus10x

xJus10x Member

try it w/o a chip at xboxmod.atspace.com/

8. OzMick

OzMick Guest

I've never tried "soft-modding" as they call it, but from all I hear doing so is absolutely useless if you plan on going on Live. A properly soldered in chip doesn't cost an arm and a leg (www.divineo.com is where I got mine from, and got an absolute bargain compared to what all the local modders want), and gives you SOOO much more flexibility. It is very hard to do the mod wrongly if you just go slowly and use a LOW powered soldering iron. The lower the better for beginners, hell, I even dropped a blob of solder over two capacitors and managed to mop it up.