1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving images off the internet, only option 'untitled.bmp'

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by murdock, Dec 19, 2002.

1. murdock

murdock Member

Just a day or so ago it started that the only way I can save any pictures from the internet is as 'untitled.bmp' reguardless of the actual filename/extension. I think this most likely has to do with a download manager I downloaded and installed the day this started, I have since uninstalled (using add/remove programs) and gone to windows explorer tools folder ops view and uncheked the hide file extension box (I use XP Pro), deleated my cnet download manager, which I didn't think would mess with this anyway, and rebooted my computer several times.

Now once in a great while it gives me the jpeg option, but very rarely and never twice on the same image.

I know there is something messed up, when saving my dropdown extension box only has bitmap as possible, and bitmaps, as far as I know, cannot even be put on the internet.

Can someone offer a confused person a bit of aid, perhaps?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

2. thargor

thargor Member

Have you tried right clicking on the image and "save picture as", this should then save in original format. Of course I have to mention that if you don't hold the copyright, or its not royalty free, then that could be an illegal act?